Professional Web Applications Themes

Swf will not load - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

hi I have 2 swf files that appear to be working fine when testing but do not show when the site is live, I am still learning so if somebody could point me in the right direction of what to do would be great. the first is located above the siluette and the secound above the main center image. thanks Dan ww.b-piff.com...

  1. #1

    Default Swf will not load

    hi I have 2 swf files that appear to be working fine when testing but do not
    show when the site is live, I am still learning so if somebody could point me
    in the right direction of what to do would be great. the first is located above
    the siluette and the secound above the main center image.
    thanks
    Dan
    ww.b-piff.com

    Dan Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Swf will not load

    Search here with "Flash" in the subject - you'll find your answer hundreds
    of times.

    http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "Dan 21" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    Make sure your "live" server is set up to run swf mime type files.
    VKL Guest

  4. #4

    Are you calling the .swf by a link from an html file or are you running it from
    within an html?

    In Flash - "Publish" the flash files as both html and swf, then upload both to
    the web site. You then link to the new html rather than directly to the swf.

    DaveWhiltshire Guest

  5. #5

    > In Flash - "Publish" the flash files as both html and swf, then upload

    This would make no difference. How do you think the HTML page you have just
    uploaded calls the SWF file that you see within it?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "DaveWhiltshire" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  6. #6

    Hi, thanks for the reply i managed to sort the problem it was myself making a
    newbie error! where i had one site live on the server and then moved the new
    site across the code was pointing to my doents for the script and not the
    server! so I had to change the code to look for the script in the htdocs and
    everything worked fine!! thanks for your help!
    Dan

    Dan Guest

  7. #7

    > so I had to change the code to look for the script in the htdocs and

    This sure sounds wrong to me. One should never have to reference that
    folder in a properly built website/web page.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "Dan 21" <com> wrote in message

    Murray Guest

  8. #8

    Hello Murray,
    how should i have done it? used dreamweaver to export the new site out to the new location?
    regards dan
    Dan Guest

  9. #9

    The method is different from one host to another, and from one kind of
    hosting account to another, but for many hosts, the root of the hosting
    account is NOT the root of the website. In these cases, the website is
    actually one level BELOW the hosting account. When you connect at the
    hosting account level, you may see folders like -

    cgi-bin
    logs
    www
    httpdocs
    htdocs
    etc.

    In the case of the latter three, one of them is where the root of the
    website is found, and that folder name is what you would put into the "Host
    directory" field of the Remote site definition.

    When you have done that, NO link in the website should carry the 'htdocs'
    folder name.

    Does that help?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575