Professional Web Applications Themes

Sync of Recording Audio with an Audio Stream - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

Hello, I badly need advice/ views/pointers to information on how one can record through the MIC and maintain syncronization with another file (streaming) running from Media Server. So basically the goal is to reproduce the two files perhaps by publishing the two FLAs, one orignal being played while recording the other through the MIC. Is it possible? If not, then what is the best way to do that, are there any third party components which can be used to achieve this. To further clarify, the syncronization that i am looking for is : The audio while being recorded should be ...

  1. #1

    Default Sync of Recording Audio with an Audio Stream

    Hello,
    I badly need advice/ views/pointers to information on how one can record
    through the MIC and maintain syncronization with another file (streaming)
    running from Media Server. So basically the goal is to reproduce the two files
    perhaps by publishing the two FLAs, one orignal being played while recording
    the other through the MIC. Is it possible?

    If not, then what is the best way to do that, are there any third party
    components which can be used to achieve this.

    To further clarify, the syncronization that i am looking for is :
    The audio while being recorded should be played in Sync with the streaming
    audio piece that the user is listening at that moment. Since with Media Server,
    the recorded stream can only be saved on the server, what is it that I would
    need to take care to maintain the syncronization.

    Thanks in advance,
    Look forward to suggestions from experts.
    Regards,
    Shilpi

    shilppy Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Sync of Recording Audio with an Audio Stream

    I think I understand you question, but to clarify... are you going for a
    Karaoke sort of thing where the mic audio is recorded along with the playback
    audio?

    The short answer to this is, yes, you can do it, but it will require some
    setting changes on the client machine. What you would need to do is set the
    local recording properties to open both the mic and wav sound for recording.
    That way, you would be publishing both the playback and the mic back to FMS.

    Syncronizing 2 separate streams from FMS isn't really workable. Even if FMS
    broadcasts the streams simultaneously, there's no way to guarantee that the
    client will receive both streams in sync.

    JayCharles Guest

  3. #3

    Thank you very much for your reply, Yes, I am looking for karaoke precisely.
    How can I change the client machine settings the way you've described, are
    their any pointers.
    Is mixing possible with the Client APIs/Action Scripting for Media Server 2?

    Thanks so much again and anticipating.

    Regards,
    Shilpi

    shilppy Guest