iSync --> phone --> Truesync --> back to phone. It isn't working so far using VPC5, Trueync V2, Win98, although I thought I had it briefly. I have other issues in that setup, including USB and lack of a Win98 CD. What's dismaying about using Truesync is that it seems to suggest that the phone has really reversed the first-name last-name order: Truesync identifies the first name it got from the phone as the surname and vice versa. Has anyone found a way to sync names properly without using a Windows solution. Has anyone found a way with a Windows solution? -- Bob Ball If you want to think positive thoughts, surround yourself with positive people. If you want to email me, eliminate the negative. [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Bob [ip] => bobball@charter [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 1 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => 1 [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Syncing Motorola v60i - Mac Networking

Syncing Motorola v60i - Mac Networking

I can transfer addresses and calendar entries to my phone, but addresses on the phone end up sorted by first name, not last. There seems to be no provision for changing this order on the phone. Changing the display order in Address Book doesn't make a difference to the phone display. There's no command in iSync. In each attempt, I'm using "reset all devices" so my Address Book data doesn't get ed up. As a last resort, I thought I could use Truesync from Motorola to reverse the order: Address Book --> iSync --> phone --> Truesync --> back to ...

Default Syncing Motorola v60i

I can transfer addresses and calendar entries to my phone, but addresses
    on the phone end up sorted by first name, not last.

There seems to be no provision for changing this order on the phone.

Changing the display order in Address Book doesn't make a difference to
    the phone display.

There's no command in iSync. In each attempt, I'm using "reset all
    devices" so my Address Book data doesn't get ed up.

As a last resort, I thought I could use Truesync from Motorola to
    reverse the order: Address Book --> iSync --> phone --> Truesync -->
    back to phone. It isn't working so far using VPC5, Trueync V2, Win98,
    although I thought I had it briefly. I have other issues in that setup,
    including USB and lack of a Win98 CD.

What's dismaying about using Truesync is that it seems to suggest that
    the phone has really reversed the first-name last-name order: Truesync
    identifies the first name it got from the phone as the surname and vice
    versa.

Has anyone found a way to sync names properly without using a Windows
    solution. Has anyone found a way with a Windows solution?

--
    Bob Ball
    If you want to think positive thoughts, surround yourself with positive people.
    If you want to email me, eliminate the negative.
    Bob Guest

Default Re: Syncing Motorola v60i

Bob Ball <nope.net> wrote:

I don't think there is anything you can do on the computer to change this
    behavior; it's how the phone's address book sorts entries, period. The
    phone considers the name one "string" and sorts them alphabetically like
    that. It's just how the phone works. People enter names into the phone
    as "Last, First" to get around it, and the only thing iSync could do to
    help is to do that itself and then reverse it on data it gets back from
    the phone (which it doesn't do).

--
    Jeremy | com
    Jeremy Guest

Default Re: Syncing Motorola v60i

It seemed more complicated than that: Truesync takes names from the
    phone and displays them, not as a single string, but with the last name
    assigned to the first name field and first name assigned to the surname
    field.
    But I can't quibble with the conclusion: There is no neat answer.

In article <gunslinger.net>,
    Jeremy <com> wrote:

--
    Bob Ball
    If you want to think positive thoughts, surround yourself with positive people.
    If you want to email me, eliminate the negative.
    Bob Guest