Professional Web Applications Themes

System Color Pallet - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I want to get a color scheme off a photo. If I open a photo in Fireworks and use the eyedropper tool the system will generate a color code of something along the order of 856B48. How ever when in DW, I do not have an option to input the custom color and can only use the 6 numbering system (RGB, etc) the Windows system uses. There has to be a way to change the color pallet in DW to a more flexible system. I have looked in preference; I have searched the forums here, but to no avail. Thanks ...

  1. #1

    Default System Color Pallet

    I want to get a color scheme off a photo. If I open a photo in Fireworks and use the eyedropper tool the system will generate a color code of something along the order of 856B48. How ever when in DW, I do not have an option to input the custom color and can only use the 6 numbering system (RGB, etc) the Windows system uses. There has to be a way to change the color pallet in DW to a more flexible system. I have looked in preference; I have searched the forums here, but to no avail.

    Thanks in advance,

    Llaamaboy

    llaamaboy webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: System Color Pallet

    Where are you trying to enter these colors?

    I'm guessing in the Properties inspector?? Since I only use CSS for this sort
    of thing, I'm guessing here, but I know that DW uses Hex just as FW does. If
    you need to get out of Web Safe colors, I BELIEVE in the color pallet there is
    an arrow on the right just as in FW. Click the arrow and choose color cubes or
    continuous color or whatever you want. And if you want to use the colors from
    fireworks, just type them (or copy and paste them) into where you want them.
    After that they'll be in the color section of the assets panel as well.

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    "llaamaboy" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I want to get a color scheme off a photo. If I open a photo in Fireworks and
    use the eyedropper tool the system will generate a color code of something
    along the order of 856B48. How ever when in DW, I do not have an option to
    input the custom color and can only use the 6 numbering system (RGB, etc) the
    Windows system uses. There has to be a way to change the color pallet in DW to
    a more flexible system. I have looked in preference; I have searched the forums
    here, but to no avail.

    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Llaamaboy

    DiMa Guest

  3. #3

    Both of those are RGB colors. Just enter them into the entry field.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  4. #4

    Yes, but I think he meant that he could only get web safe colors. Dunno...he
    was kinda vague.

    DiMa
    --------------------

    "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    > >
    > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    > >

    > > "llaamaboy" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > > I want to get a color scheme off a photo. If I open a photo in Fireworks
    > and
    > > use the eyedropper tool the system will generate a color code of something
    > > along the order of 856B48. How ever when in DW, I do not have an option to
    > > input the custom color and can only use the 6 numbering system (RGB, etc)
    > the
    > > Windows system uses. There has to be a way to change the color pallet in
    > DW to
    > > a more flexible system. I have looked in preference; I have searched the

    DiMa Guest