Professional Web Applications Themes

system directory and local directory doesn't match for a DB - IBM DB2

Dear Group, I recently installed DB2 and created an db "TOOLSDB" for the tools catalog. during installation, the DB was created at the default location. But I moved the DB to another location using "db2relocatedb". Somehow I messed up during the relocate and undid the relocate. Now, I have the following situation. I can do certain tasks on the DB. but when I try to create a tools catalog on the toolsdb, I get the following error message. % db2 create tools catalog toolscat USE EXISTING database toolsdb SQL1031N The database directory cannot be found on the indicated file system. ...

  1. #1

    Default system directory and local directory doesn't match for a DB

    Dear Group,

    I recently installed DB2 and created an db "TOOLSDB" for the tools
    catalog. during installation, the DB was created at the default
    location. But I moved the DB to another location using
    "db2relocatedb". Somehow I messed up during the relocate and undid the
    relocate.

    Now, I have the following situation.

    I can do certain tasks on the DB. but when I try to create a tools
    catalog on the toolsdb, I get the following error message.

    % db2 create tools catalog toolscat USE EXISTING database toolsdb
    SQL1031N The database directory cannot be found on the indicated file
    system.
    SQLSTATE=58031

    Note: I probably can drop and recreate the DB. But I want to try other
    alternatives first.

    % db2 list db directory

    System Database Directory

    Number of entries in the directory = 2

    Database 1 entry:

    Database alias = TOOLSDB
    Database name = TOOLSDB
    Local database directory = /db2home/db2inst1
    Database release level = a.00
    Comment = Cataloged by db2relocatedb
    Directory entry type = Indirect
    Catalog database partition number = 0

    Database 2 entry:

    % db2 list db directory on path /db2home/db2inst1

    Database 1 entry:

    Database alias = TOOLSDB
    Database name = TOOLSDB
    Database directory = SQL00001
    Database release level = a.00
    Comment =
    Directory entry type = Home
    Catalog database partition number = 0
    Database partition number = 0
    Prince Guest

  2. #2

    I'd try to uncatalog the TOOLSDB first. I think DB2 is confused at the
    system and local database directories. Uncatalog, catalog should fix it.
    Then catalog the TOOLSDB on the path indicated.
    Then try to create it again.

    Worse comes to worst, uncatalog, catalog, drop and recreate even if you
    say you don't want to do this.
    HTH, Pierre.

    Prince Kumar wrote:

    --
    Pierre Saint-Jacques
    IBM DB2 Cerified Solutions Expert - Administration

    P. Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for your Response.

    I tried you suggestion. But for somereason, it is not cataoging the DB, now.

    $ db2 uncatalog db toolsdb
    DB20000I The UNCATALOG DATABASE command completed successfully.
    DB21056W Directory changes may not be effective until the directory cache is
    refreshed.

    $ db2 list db directory on /db2home/db2inst1

    Local Database Directory on /db2home/db2inst1

    Number of entries in the directory = 1

    Database 1 entry:

    Database alias = TOOLSDB
    Database name = TOOLSDB
    Database directory = SQL00001
    Database release level = a.00
    Comment =
    Directory entry type = Home
    Catalog database partition number = 0
    Database partition number = 0

    $ db2 catalog db toolsdb on /db2home/db2inst1
    SQL6028N Catalog database failed because database "toolsdb" was not found in
    the local database directory.

    $ db2 catalog db toolsdb
    SQL6028N Catalog database failed because database "toolsdb" was not found in
    the local database directory.

    How do I get rid of this db?

    Thanks,
    Prince.

    Prince Guest

  4. #4

    Hi Prince,

    Something seems wrong -- and it is not you ;-). I would try "db2 catalog
    db TOOLSDB". I do not think that will make any difference, but worth a
    try. If that is not successful, then I would suggest opening a PMR with
    DB2 Support -- they will likely what to know the exact steps of your
    aborted/failed db move, and request that you try db2trc'ing the catalog
    statement.

    If that does not interest you, to manually clean up the files, that db
    must be the only "local" db. You can then remove all the files under
    /db2home/db2inst1/db2inst1/

    HTH,
    Lloyd
    Lloyd Guest

  5. #5

    DB21056W Directory changes may not be effective until the directory cache
    is
    refreshed.
    =
    db2 terminate

    Try it after your catalog operations.

    PM

    "Prince Kumar" <com> a écrit dans le message de
    now.
    is
    in
    in