Hi

I am runing a cpp process say "ABC" which uses system() function .
inside system running an one external binary say "xyz" (program ) ;

[This external program (xyz) takes some parameter do process & print
some output.. meaning comsumes a bit of time . ]

Now, my question is how to get the maximum rate

1 I tried giving system("xyz & " ) ; /////.. run external program in
the background ; this will make return of system .

Getting execution rate ~ 25 sec

2 I tried giving system("xyz " ) ; meaning .. run external program
in the background ; this will make return of system .

Getting execution rate ~ 14 sec

3 I tried running many instances of ABC .. now execution rate got
decreased to ~15 per process

I tried using vfork , ..execl .. & all but some how system gives the
better response and easy way out .. ..

Main overservation is - System comsumes lot of time .. ( even running
with root )

Now My quiestion is ... how to increase the performace of the
process/system() so that for different calling of system is fast ..
...any configuration file can be changed to do os ..

Thanks in advance
Paras