Professional Web Applications Themes

System.Security.SecurityException: Security error - ASP.NET Security

Dear All, The problem or error which I am getting while running my web application is as given below: Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Security error. Source Error: The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL: 1. Add a "Debug=true" directive ...

  1. #1

    Default System.Security.SecurityException: Security error

    Dear All,
    The problem or error which I am getting while running my web application is as given below:

    Security Exception
    Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

    Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Security error.

    Source Error:

    The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

    1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

    <% Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

    or:

    2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <compilation debug="true"/>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

    Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

    Stack Trace:

    [SecurityException: Security error.]
    ASP.Default_aspx..ctor() +0

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

    I have tried to solve this problem by changing my .net version number, by signing in the .netkey, But I could not get this working. The server which I have hosted this application is not accessible for me. Could anyone help me in getting this solved.

    It would be more appriciated for getting a solution to solve this problem.

    Abish Asharaf via DotNetMonster.com Guest

  2. #2

    1. Have you tried to set this?
    > <configuration>
    > <system.web>
    > <compilation debug="true"/>
    > </system.web>
    > </configuration>
    2. You have some code that is not allowed under the trust level

    Here is an overview what you CAN DO and CAN NOT DO based on
    different trust levels.
    [url]http://www.asp.net/whitepaper/aspnet_hosting_public.doc[/url]

    --
    Daniel Fisher(lennybacon)
    MCP ASP.NET C#

    "Abish Asharaf via DotNetMonster.com" <forumDotNetMonster.com> wrote in
    message news:697d0aae2a8044e8922b249f997bf3b0DotNetMonste r.com...
    > Dear All,
    > The problem or error which I am getting while running my web
    > application is as given below:
    >

    > Security Exception
    > by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission
    > please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust
    > level in the configuration file.
    >
    > Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Security error.
    >
    > Source Error:
    >
    > The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown
    > when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the
    > below steps, then request the URL:
    >
    > 1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the
    > error. Example:
    >
    > <% Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>
    >
    > or:
    >
    > 2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your
    > application:
    >
    > <configuration>
    > <system.web>
    > <compilation debug="true"/>
    > </system.web>
    > </configuration>
    >
    > Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given
    > application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause
    > only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.
    >
    > Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a
    > memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has
    > debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.
    >
    > Stack Trace:
    >
    > [SecurityException: Security error.]
    > ASP.Default_aspx..ctor() +0
    >

    > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032;
    > ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032
    >
    > I have tried to solve this problem by changing my .net
    > version number, by signing in the .netkey, But I could not get this
    > working. The server which I have hosted this application is not accessible
    > for me. Could anyone help me in getting this solved.
    >
    > It would be more appriciated for getting a solution to solve this problem.
    >
    > --

    Daniel Fisher\(lennybacon\) Guest