Professional Web Applications Themes

tag featuAdobe Photoshop Album or iPhoto - Mac Applications & Software

hi there i'm using iPhoto for my digital photos but i miss a "tag"-functionality. (find all photos tagged with 'family', or so...) Photoshop album offers that. is it wortth to buy it and switch over? cheers, leo...

  1. #1

    Default tag feature: Adobe Photoshop Album or iPhoto

    hi there

    i'm using iPhoto for my digital photos but i miss a "tag"-functionality.
    (find all photos tagged with 'family', or so...)

    Photoshop album offers that. is it wortth to buy it and switch over?

    cheers, leo

    Leo Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: tag feature: Adobe Photoshop Album or iPhoto

    In article <bltmqg$2v0m$netspace.net.au>, Leo
    <isys.com.au> wrote:

    photoshop album does not run on a macintosh. therefore, switching over
    involves purchasing a pc or running it within virtual pc.

    iview media pro, however, can do what you want, on both mac and pc.

    <http://www.iview-multimedia.com/>
    nospam Guest

  3. #3

    In article <bltmqg$2v0m$netspace.net.au>,
    "Leo" <isys.com.au> wrote:

    How does the iPhoto "Keyword" functionality fail to do what you want?

    --
    Tom Stiller

    PGP fingerprint = 5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3
    7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF
    Tom Guest

  4. #4

    In article <bltmqg$2v0m$netspace.net.au>,
    "Leo" <isys.com.au> wrote:

    iPhoto calls it "Keywords".

    Type command-K or use the Edit -> Keywords menu command to open the
    Keywords dialog.

    There are a number of built-in keywords. You can use the "Keywords"
    popup menu to create, rename, or delete keywords.

    To assign keywords to a photo, select the photo in the main window,
    select a keyword, and click the "Assign" button. It'll add that keyword
    to the ones the photo already has. The "Remove" button removes a
    keyword from a photo. Of course you can select more than one photo and
    more than one keyword with shift-click and command-click.

    Using the View -> Keywords menu command or pressing command-shift-K will
    display the keywords beside the photos.

    To search for photos by keyword, select one or more keywords in the
    Keywords dialog and click the "Search" button.

    To search the titles, comments, *and* keywords, type in the "Search"
    text box at the bottom of the Keywords dialog. As you type, it looks
    for that text in titles, comments, and keywords. (There's no way to
    search just the titles or just the comments.)

    If you're looking at an album, it will search only that album; if you're
    in the library, it'll search the entire library. When you close the
    Keywords dialog, it'll show all the photos again.
    Wayne Guest

  5. #5

    In article
    <wp.shawcable.net>,
    "Wayne C. Morris" <is.invalid> wrote:

    I hate this part. If you leave the keywords dialog open, it insists on
    being in front of everything. The main iPhoto window won't resize small
    enough for me to have both it and the keywords dialog on the screen at
    the same time. And if I close it, I lose the selection of photos I'm
    currently working with. I much preferred the design that had the
    keywords at the bottom of the window in previous versions of iPhoto.
    --
    Bright eyes/burning like fire, | Kevin Michael Vail
    Bright eyes/how can you close and fail? | net

  6. #6

    thanks, wayne,

    i'll try that!

    cheers, leo

    "Wayne C. Morris" <is.invalid> wrote in message

    > iPhoto calls it "Keywords".
    >
    > Type command-K or use the Edit -> Keywords menu command to open the
    > Keywords dialog.
    >
    > There are a number of built-in keywords. You can use the "Keywords"
    > popup menu to create, rename, or delete keywords.
    >
    > To assign keywords to a photo, select the photo in the main window,
    > select a keyword, and click the "Assign" button. It'll add that keyword
    > to the ones the photo already has. The "Remove" button removes a
    > keyword from a photo. Of course you can select more than one photo and
    > more than one keyword with shift-click and command-click.
    >
    > Using the View -> Keywords menu command or pressing command-shift-K will
    > display the keywords beside the photos.
    >
    > To search for photos by keyword, select one or more keywords in the
    > Keywords dialog and click the "Search" button.
    >
    > To search the titles, comments, *and* keywords, type in the "Search"
    > text box at the bottom of the Keywords dialog. As you type, it looks
    > for that text in titles, comments, and keywords. (There's no way to
    > search just the titles or just the comments.)
    >
    > If you're looking at an album, it will search only that album; if you're
    > in the library, it'll search the entire library. When you close the
    > Keywords dialog, it'll show all the photos again.[/ref]

    Leo Guest

  7. #7

    oh, i thought photoshop album might be available for macs. after all
    photoshop elements comes in a mac version as well.

    cheers, leo
    "nospam" <invalid> wrote in message

    > photoshop album does not run on a macintosh. therefore, switching over
    > involves purchasing a pc or running it within virtual pc.
    >
    > iview media pro, however, can do what you want, on both mac and pc.
    >
    > <http://www.iview-multimedia.com/>[/ref]

    Leo Guest