Professional Web Applications Themes

Team Macromedia: What happened to all the regulars? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi, I have been away from this forum for some time now and I notice people like massimo, Al, Julian and Patty (I'm sure there are more I missed) don't appear to have the TMM tag anymore. I wondered why this is because these are the guys that helped back in the day and are still very prominent now. What did Macromedia do? Thanks...

  1. #1

    Default Team Macromedia: What happened to all the regulars?

    Hi,

    I have been away from this forum for some time now and I notice people like
    massimo, Al, Julian and Patty (I'm sure there are more I missed) don't
    appear to have the TMM tag anymore. I wondered why this is because these are
    the guys that helped back in the day and are still very prominent now.

    What did Macromedia do?

    Thanks

    Bill Guest

  2. #2

    We were sacked!

    --
    Jules
    -----

    Julian Guest

  3. #3

    Really!

    I find that amazing as you guys have made this and the UD forum what they
    are today. Friendly and extremely helpful (with the occasional flame about
    web hosting companies :))

    Sorry to hear that and shame on Macromedia!

    Bill Guest

  4. #4

    For reasons known only to MM (and possibly the ex- and remaining TMMs) they
    were "fired." I say "fired" because they served as volunteers with few if
    any special perqs. And you're right, this decision makes no sense.

    -- James M. Shook
    http://www.jshook.com

    James Guest

  5. #5

    Right.. it definitely had an aspect of being "liberated". :-) Not much
    difference, really - I just kept doing what I'd always been doing.

    --
    Ptty Ayers
    http://www.WebDevBiz.com

    P@tty Guest

  6. #6

    Well I think that I speak for the masses here......

    You guys are ALL worth your weight in plutonium.

    I really do appreciate your help in those "sticky" times. And if ever I
    could, I'd buy you lunch or coffee. :)

    Really, if any one is in San Diego I'd be happy to meet ya.

    --
    BR
    "foosball is th' DEVIL, Bobby Bouchet"

    "Ptty *TWB*" <rr.com> wrote in message
    news:bgoiqd$bef$macromedia.com... [/ref]
    redefining

    > Right.. it definitely had an aspect of being "liberated". :-) Not much
    > difference, really - I just kept doing what I'd always been doing.
    >

    > --
    > Ptty Ayers
    > http://www.WebDevBiz.com
    > Professional Web Business Tools:
    > Web Design Contract, Estimate Worksheet, and more
    > --
    >
    >[/ref]

    Bill Guest

  7. #7

    Last weekend's debacle with an 'once touted' web hosting company was a real eye-opener.

    And it had absolutely nothing to do with the web hosting companies but rather their current/soon to be former customers. Quite a pitiful display to be sure on the part of some - certainly not all.

    Bridgetown Guest

  8. #8

    No. I'm talking about a very long time ago. Back in the Dreamweaver 1 and
    Dreamweaver 2 days, back before anyone was making a dime. And what I meant
    was that it was a very small group... smaller even than the current PVII
    forums. Not only are some of the folks gone from the community, some are
    (sadly) gone from this world.

    --
    Al Sparber

    "irvin" <com> wrote in message
    news:bgonj7$ksi$macromedia.com... [/ref]
    redefining [/ref]
    something
    > of
    >
    > Nothing has changed much in terms of the majority of users (the bulk of[/ref]
    this
    is

    Al Guest

  9. #9

    "Al Sparber- PVII" <com> wrote in message

    It seemed like you were addressing the original poster's question, which
    dates events much more recent than those days.

    --
    irvin
    http://www.pixel69.com

    irvin Guest

  10. #10

    Neither - you're just asked to keep doing what you normally do, to be on a
    particular newsgroup when you can and answer questions.

    In exchange, you get some not-for-commercial-use software, and a shirt, and
    some chocolate.

  11. #11

    > Last weekend's debacle with an 'once touted' web hosting company was a
    real eye-opener.
    rather their current/soon to be former customers.

    No, of course. The representative from the company behaved like a perfect
    gentleman. :-)

  12. #12

    "irvin" <com> wrote in message
    news:bgoq3g$pk4$macromedia.com... [/ref]
    and [/ref]
    meant

    > It seemed like you were addressing the original poster's question, which
    > dates events much more recent than those days.[/ref]

    Yes. It did. I've been missing the old community spirit for a long time,
    though. In reality, though, I know it was something that couldn't have
    lasted as Dreamweaver grew. Oh well :-)

    Al Guest

  13. #13

    Karl:

    I think it's all detailed on the Macromedia website, and it's very
    relaxed....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Karl Goddard" <com> wrote in message

    > >[/ref]
    >
    >[/ref]

    Murray Guest

  14. #14

    I would consider them, given the service that I saw being instigated here,
    in a public forum for all to see.

    Sh*t happens. If Microsoft went down then that pretty much proves that
    *nothing* is infallible.

    --

    > real eye-opener.
    > rather their current/soon to be former customers.
    >
    > No, of course. The representative from the company behaved like a perfect
    > gentleman. :-)
    >
    > --
    > Ptty Ayers
    > http://www.WebDevBiz.com
    > Professional Web Business Tools:
    > Web Design Contract, Estimate Worksheet, and more
    > --
    >
    >[/ref]

    Bill Guest

  15. #15

    Bill Ray wrote:

    Bill,

    Please don't start this here, too.

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    http://www.vendel.info

    Dan Guest

  16. #16

    Ptty *TWB* wrote:

    You got chocolate??

    --

    George Mclachlan
    remove "mypants" to reply

    George Guest

  17. #17

    Start what ... please enlighten me???

    couldn't resist

    Kim :o]

    "Dan Vendel *GOF*" <com> wrote in
    message news:bgosvp$hsb$macromedia.com... [/ref]
    here,

    > Bill,
    >
    > Please don't start this here, too.
    >
    > --
    > Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    > http://www.vendel.info
    > Contact me directly by clicking here:
    > http://contact.vendel.info
    > Formmail tutorial:
    > http://www.vendel.info/tut/formmail.html
    > Nested table demonstration:
    > http://www.vendel.info/tabletut/
    >[/ref]

    Kim Guest

  18. #18

     [/ref]
    and

    > You got chocolate??[/ref]

    Yup! You didn't? It was excellent, too, some kind of gourmet stuff.

  19. #19

    It was a small box, though. 4 truffles, if I recall :-)

    "Ptty *TWB*" <rr.com> wrote in message
    news:bgp0ee$7lk$macromedia.com... [/ref][/ref]
    shirt,

    > > You got chocolate??[/ref]
    >
    > Yup! You didn't? It was excellent, too, some kind of gourmet stuff.
    >
    > --
    > Ptty Ayers
    > http://www.WebDevBiz.com
    > Professional Web Business Tools:
    > Web Design Contract, Estimate Worksheet, and more
    > --
    >
    >[/ref]

    Al Guest

  20. #20

    Ptty *TWB* wrote:
     [/ref]

    > and

    >>You got chocolate??[/ref]
    >

    > Yup! You didn't? It was excellent, too, some kind of gourmet stuff.[/ref]

    Thats it call in the UN, there is obviously some type of US over UK
    bias going on here.

    --

    George Mclachlan
    remove "mypants" to reply
    Co-author: Foundation Dreamweaver MX
    Co-author: Dreamweaver MX Advanced PHP web development

    George Guest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast