Professional Web Applications Themes

Tech Tool? - Mac Applications & Software

Lots of warnings about Norton. How about Tech Tool Pro and OSX? Does it do the same as Disk Warior or are both needed?...

  1. #1

    Default Tech Tool?

    Lots of warnings about Norton. How about Tech Tool Pro and OSX? Does it
    do the same as Disk Warior or are both needed?
    HankH Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tech Tool?

    HankH <com> wrote:

    The current Tech Tool Pro does not support OS 9. The next Tech Tool Pro is
    months behind in its release date. I have had an order in for Tech Tool
    Pro for OS X since January and I received a notice a few weeks ago that
    the latest release date is sometime in late September.

    If you can't wait, consider Alsoft's Disk Warrior which gets consistently
    good reviews from OS X users.

    stan@temple.edu Guest

  3. #3

    Salut together

    In article <bj6ehn$h6b$temple.edu>, edu wrote:

    > The current Tech Tool Pro does not support OS 9.[/ref]

    pardon? did you mean OS X?

    Or Micromat Drive 10 (with free Upgrade to TTPro 4)

    Cheers
    Andreas

    --
    MacAndreas Rutishauser, <http://www.MacAndreas.ch>
    EDV-Dienstleistungen, Hard- und Software, Internet und Netzwerk

  4. #4

    In article <bj6ehn$h6b$temple.edu>, edu wrote:

    > The current Tech Tool Pro does not support OS 9. The next Tech Tool Pro is
    > months behind in its release date. I have had an order in for Tech Tool
    > Pro for OS X since January and I received a notice a few weeks ago that
    > the latest release date is sometime in late September.
    >
    > If you can't wait, consider Alsoft's Disk Warrior which gets consistently
    > good reviews from OS X users.
    >[/ref]

    And also works fine with 9.x
    clw@oblivion.world Guest

  5. #5

    Andreas Rutishauser <ch> wrote: [/ref]

    Yes, I meant that Tech Tool Pro does not support OS 9 right now.

    stan@temple.edu Guest

  6. #6

    In article <bj7t42$s0$temple.edu>, edu wrote:
     [/ref]

    > Yes, I meant that Tech Tool Pro does not support OS 9 right now.[/ref]

    You sure about that? I use TTP on my Mac running OS 9.
    --
    D.F. Manno
    net

  7. #7

    In article <supernews.com>,
    "D.F. Manno" <net> wrote:

    > > Yes, I meant that Tech Tool Pro does not support OS 9 right now.[/ref]
    >
    > You sure about that? I use TTP on my Mac running OS 9.[/ref]

    The current version of TT is 3.09. It will run on 9.x and (at least on
    my mcahine) will then work on my OS X partition.
    clw@oblivion.world Guest

  8. #8

    In article <pdx.net>,
    world wrote:

    > > You sure about that? I use TTP on my Mac running OS 9.[/ref]
    >
    > The current version of TT is 3.09. It will run on 9.x and (at least on
    > my mcahine) will then work on my OS X partition.[/ref]

    May have been a little quick with that message. After posting I went to
    my TT application, and now get a message that my version of the Control
    Panel of TT is not suported.

    Will await the definitive answer from the group!
    clw@oblivion.world Guest

  9. #9

    On 4 Sep 2003 04:20:07 GMT, edu wrote:

    >The current Tech Tool Pro does not support OS 9. The next Tech Tool Pro is
    >months behind in its release date. I have had an order in for Tech Tool
    >Pro for OS X since January and I received a notice a few weeks ago that
    >the latest release date is sometime in late September.
    >
    >If you can't wait, consider Alsoft's Disk Warrior which gets consistently
    >good reviews from OS X users.[/ref]

    DiskWarrior doesn't do what TTP does. DW only rebuilds your disk
    directory. But it does a really, really, really good job of it.

    I'm still waiting for my copy of TTP4 too.
    forge Guest

  10. #10

    In article <com>, forge
    <youneedageek.com> wrote:

    > >The current Tech Tool Pro does not support OS 9. The next Tech Tool Pro is
    > >months behind in its release date. I have had an order in for Tech Tool
    > >Pro for OS X since January and I received a notice a few weeks ago that
    > >the latest release date is sometime in late September.
    > >
    > >If you can't wait, consider Alsoft's Disk Warrior which gets consistently
    > >good reviews from OS X users.[/ref]
    >
    > DiskWarrior doesn't do what TTP does. DW only rebuilds your disk
    > directory. But it does a really, really, really good job of it.
    >
    > I'm still waiting for my copy of TTP4 too.
    >
    >I have been running TTP 3.04 on my Beige G3 w/OS9.1 for almost a year[/ref]
    now with no problems.Bill.
    to reply remove yourshorts.
    Bill Guest

  11. #11

    In article <com>,
    forge <youneedageek.com> wrote:

    > >The current Tech Tool Pro does not support OS 9. The next Tech Tool Pro is
    > >months behind in its release date. I have had an order in for Tech Tool
    > >Pro for OS X since January and I received a notice a few weeks ago that
    > >the latest release date is sometime in late September.
    > >
    > >If you can't wait, consider Alsoft's Disk Warrior which gets consistently
    > >good reviews from OS X users.[/ref]
    >
    > DiskWarrior doesn't do what TTP does.[/ref]

    True.

    Far better than anything else out there now. I had a extent error on my
    10.2.6 external 4.0 GB SCSI on my sonnet G4/400 upgraded 8600/180. Norton
    (9.x) failed with an out of memory (with 336 MB) error. TTP 3 didn't fail
    but was insanely slow (so was Diskwarrior 2.1); come on it has been a
    freaking 12 HOURS and you are *still* fixing the directory?! DiskWarrior
    did allow me to upgrade the 2 GB internal to 10.2.6 and running 3.0 on the
    4 GB external I fixed the problems in less then 10 minutes!

    Disk fragmentation is less an issue than now. TTP's main saling point at
    this stage of the game is its ability to find hardware problems that Norton
    has no clue about.
    Bruce Guest

  12. #12

     [/ref][/ref]

    I've been using Drive-10 for quite a while now for OS-X, and it seems
    to be working fine to rebuild directories and optimization. TechTool
    Pro 3.0.9 has also been working great for me when I boot in OS-9. I
    don't use Norton Utilities because of recent bad experience with it in
    OS-X.

    Yes. I too ordered TTP 4 early in the year. I hope it's worth the
    wait....
    Barry Guest

  13. #13

    On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 01:20:48 GMT, Barry Breen <never>
    wrote:

    Nawwtahn's time is past. My VP Creative Services had a minor lockup
    and I threw Norton at it, after 1/2 hour it gave up and the machine
    still wouldn't start. I put in DiskWarrior and everything was perfect
    again after about 5 minutes.

    My delivery date is 10/1. Sigh.
    forge Guest

  14. #14

    D.F. Manno <net> wrote:

    >> Yes, I meant that Tech Tool Pro does not support OS 9 right now.[/ref][/ref]

    Agh! I meant to say that Tech Tool Pro does not support OS X.
    I ed up twice. I gotta stop posting on here when I have
    not had my daily dose of caffeine.

    stan@temple.edu Guest