Professional Web Applications Themes

Template Affected by Editable Region - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

I have an editable region covering 70% of the bottom right side of my template. Running down the left side I have a "Latest News" cell on the template. When viewed in a browser this cell moves down depending on how much text/images have been entered in the editable region. Surely this should be fixed and not dependent on the content of the editable region? I coudl be in a lot of trouble if I have a long page!...

  1. #1

    Default Template Affected by Editable Region

    I have an editable region covering 70% of the bottom right side of my template.
    Running down the left side I have a "Latest News" cell on the template. When
    viewed in a browser this cell moves down depending on how much text/images have
    been entered in the editable region. Surely this should be fixed and not
    dependent on the content of the editable region? I coudl be in a lot of
    trouble if I have a long page!

    haberdashery Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Template Affected by Editable Region

    Template regions are NOT layout tools. They do not constrain your page's
    content in any way. You would have the same problem with the page if you
    detached it from the template. It sounds like your problem is a failure of
    your layout infrastructure, not of the template markup.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "haberdashery" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    >I have an editable region covering 70% of the bottom right side of my
    >template.
    > Running down the left side I have a "Latest News" cell on the template.
    > When
    > viewed in a browser this cell moves down depending on how much text/images
    > have
    > been entered in the editable region. Surely this should be fixed and not
    > dependent on the content of the editable region? I coudl be in a lot of
    > trouble if I have a long page!

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Sorry for my niavity, but "infrastructure"? Can you suggest how I might correct this?
    haberdashery Guest

  4. #4

    Infrastructure would be the table design or the CSS design that you have
    used to contain the elements on the page.

    Show me your page, and I could perhaps make some suggestions.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Sorry for my niavity, but "infrastructure"? Can you suggest how I might
    > correct this?

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks, I've managed to sort it out now.

    Cheers.
    haberdashery Guest

  6. #6

    Good. What was the solution?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Thanks, I've managed to sort it out now.
    >
    > Cheers.

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  7. #7

    Sorry for delay: Originally had the "Latest News" (which was bg grey) showing
    beneath my navbar but separated via split cell.

    I removed this, entered a break after the navbar then inserted a 1x1 table to
    which I then added bg grey and the text.

    Result: Don't know why, but now appears Independent of the editable region's
    activities.

    haberdashery Guest