Professional Web Applications Themes

Template and Javascript - Macromedia Dreamweaver

HI, I created a template that has a bunch of javascript. I then created new pages based on that template. I now edited the original template and instead of the javascript in the page, I have it pointing to an external file. After I update all the pages, the pages have both in them. How do I correct this? Thanks David...

  1. #1

    Default Template and Javascript

    HI, I created a template that has a bunch of javascript. I then created new
    pages based on that template. I now edited the original template and instead
    of the javascript in the page, I have it pointing to an external file.
    After I update all the pages, the pages have both in them. How do I correct
    this?

    Thanks
    David

    David Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Template and Javascript

    David wrote:
    > HI, I created a template that has a bunch of javascript. I then created new
    > pages based on that template. I now edited the original template and instead
    > of the javascript in the page, I have it pointing to an external file.
    > After I update all the pages, the pages have both in them. How do I correct
    > this?
    Find and replace.
    Find the script, replace with nothing, code, entire local site.
    Make back up!

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]

    Dan Vendel *GOF* Guest

  3. #3

    David:

    It sounds to me like you put the javascript embedded code in the Editable
    Region of the Template, and the link to the external file in the
    non-editable region. Is that correct? If it *IS* correct then do this
    (proceed carefully and make a backup of the site) -

    1. Delete the Editable region from the Template's head.
    2. Save the Template file and let it update the pages.
    3. Not add an editable region back into the head of the Template.
    4. Save the Template file and let it update the pages.

    I think you are done!

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "David" <drosssi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > HI, I created a template that has a bunch of javascript. I then created
    new
    > pages based on that template. I now edited the original template and
    instead
    > of the javascript in the page, I have it pointing to an external file.
    > After I update all the pages, the pages have both in them. How do I
    correct
    > this?
    >
    > Thanks
    > David

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  4. #4

    You hit it right on. Thanks Murray
    "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > David:
    >
    > It sounds to me like you put the javascript embedded code in the Editable
    > Region of the Template, and the link to the external file in the
    > non-editable region. Is that correct? If it *IS* correct then do this
    > (proceed carefully and make a backup of the site) -
    >
    > 1. Delete the Editable region from the Template's head.
    > 2. Save the Template file and let it update the pages.
    > 3. Not add an editable region back into the head of the Template.
    > 4. Save the Template file and let it update the pages.
    >
    > I think you are done!
    >
    > --
    > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > ==================
    > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO GET
    > ANSWERS
    > ==================
    > [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > ==================
    >
    > "David" <drosssi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > > HI, I created a template that has a bunch of javascript. I then created
    > new
    > > pages based on that template. I now edited the original template and
    > instead
    > > of the javascript in the page, I have it pointing to an external file.
    > > After I update all the pages, the pages have both in them. How do I
    > correct
    > > this?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > David