Professional Web Applications Themes

template inside another template - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Hi All! I have a problem with templates! As far as I know there is a nested template in dw. A nested template means that a template can be extended and saved as another template. What I would like to achive is to create small templates (like special html junks) and than create a page where I can drag these templates (one by one) into the page and than save as a html page. Simple snippets does not meet my expectations as I would like ro set different parameters, variables and editable regions for every templates. Do you have any ...

  1. #1

    Default template inside another template

    Hi All!

    I have a problem with templates! As far as I know there is a nested template
    in dw. A nested template means that a template can be extended and saved as
    another template. What I would like to achive is to create small templates
    (like special html junks) and than create a page where I can drag these
    templates (one by one) into the page and than save as a html page. Simple
    snippets does not meet my expectations as I would like ro set different
    parameters, variables and editable regions for every templates. Do you have any
    idea how to implement this?
    Thanks,

    Marton

    ff7nhj Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: template inside another template

    Use Library items, or server-side includes.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "ff7nhj" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All!
    >
    > I have a problem with templates! As far as I know there is a nested
    > template
    > in dw. A nested template means that a template can be extended and saved
    > as
    > another template. What I would like to achive is to create small templates
    > (like special html junks) and than create a page where I can drag these
    > templates (one by one) into the page and than save as a html page. Simple
    > snippets does not meet my expectations as I would like ro set different
    > parameters, variables and editable regions for every templates. Do you
    > have any
    > idea how to implement this?
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Marton

    Murray *ACE* Guest

  3. #3

    Hi! What do you mean by library items or server-side includes? I would like to
    create html static pages, so I think server-side includes do not fit my
    expectations. What I would like to have:
    -create small html template junks
    -use these templates by dragging them into my html page
    -these templates have to be parametrizable and must have editable regions
    Well, what do you think? :)

    ff7nhj Guest

  4. #4

    Use DW's F1 help to read about Library items and server-side includes.
    They are your best bet.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    > Hi! What do you mean by library items or server-side includes? I would
    > like to
    > create html static pages, so I think server-side includes do not fit my
    > expectations. What I would like to have:
    > -create small html template junks
    > -use these templates by dragging them into my html page
    > -these templates have to be parametrizable and must have editable regions
    > Well, what do you think? :)

    Murray *ACE* Guest