Professional Web Applications Themes

Template not showing up - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

I have a contribute 2 site and I am now using 3. I cannot get the template to show up within Contribute. I have clicked on refresh templates, I can see the template folder and the template file pwcgmcc.dwt. I have recreated the connection twice, changed the template in DWMX to update the timestamp, closed and reopened Contribute etc., etc. I have set myself up as the administrator and the user cannot see the template either. She has 2 but will get 3 today or tomorrow. I have serached this newsgroup and Macromedia but no luck with finding any thing ...

  1. #1

    Default Template not showing up

    I have a contribute 2 site and I am now using 3. I cannot get the
    template to show up within Contribute. I have clicked on refresh
    templates, I can see the template folder and the template file
    pwcgmcc.dwt. I have recreated the connection twice, changed the
    template in DWMX to update the timestamp, closed and reopened
    Contribute etc., etc. I have set myself up as the administrator and the
    user cannot see the template either. She has 2 but will get 3 today or
    tomorrow.

    I have serached this newsgroup and Macromedia but no luck with finding
    any thing to force the template to show.

    Any other suggestions?

    Glorywest Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Template not showing up

    Ok. Answered my own question. I had not gone far enough in my
    configuring the administrator setup in 3. I had to select the
    administrator>edit role settings>>new pages>Uese Dreamweaver templates
    then select and show.

    I knew to do this in 2, but didn't find and do this in 3.

    Glorywest Guest

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Glorywest View Post
    I have a contribute 2 site and I am now using 3. I cannot get the
    template to show up within Contribute. I have clicked on refresh
    templates, I can see the template folder and the template file
    pwcgmcc.dwt. I have recreated the connection twice, changed the
    template in DWMX to update the timestamp, closed and reopened
    Contribute etc., etc. I have set myself up as the administrator and the
    user cannot see the template either. She has 2 but will get 3 today or
    tomorrow.

    I have serached this newsgroup and Macromedia but no luck with finding
    any thing to force the template to show.

    Any other suggestions?
    Contribute is case sensitive and looks for Templates folder. If you hvae named your folder templates and hosting on a Linux platform the templates will not show in Contribute. Rename the folder Templates and it should work.

    hope this helps.
    Unregistered Guest