Professional Web Applications Themes

Template problem - Adobe Indesign Macintosh

Hi, I posted this somewhere else, but I don't think it was quite the right place, so I'll try here. I know a little about asp, but not much. This is on a FrontPage 2000 site. I have a template page. A full page design. I have to split it into a header and a footer, for some asp pages. To do this, I marked the beginning of the content area with x. Everything above that, I saved as the header. Everything below it, I saved as the footer. I can open the template as an ASP page or as ...

  1. #1

    Default Template problem

    Hi,

    I posted this somewhere else, but I don't think it was quite the right
    place, so I'll try here. I know a little about asp, but not much.

    This is on a FrontPage 2000 site.

    I have a template page. A full page design. I have to split it into a header
    and a footer, for some asp pages. To do this, I marked the beginning of the
    content area with x. Everything above that, I saved as the header.
    Everything below it, I saved as the footer.

    I can open the template as an ASP page or as an HTML page, and it's fine. I
    can open the header (htm) or the footer (htm), and they are fine. But when I
    open one of the ASP pages of my cart program (that calls the header and
    footer files), I get this error message:

    Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0140'
    Page Command Out Of Order
    /header.htm, line 1
    The command must be the first command within the Active Server Page.

    The first line on the header is:
    <%LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>

    But that is the same first line on all the other pages that do work. Could
    it have something to do with the fact that the cart ASP pages are written in
    vbscript? If so, what would I do about it?

    Thanks for any help!

    Jill

    JA Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Template problem

    "JA" <jarmourkc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I can open the template as an ASP page or as an HTML page, and it's
    fine. I
    > can open the header (htm) or the footer (htm), and they are fine.
    But when I
    > open one of the ASP pages of my cart program (that calls the header
    and
    > footer files), I get this error message:
    >
    > Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0140'
    > Page Command Out Of Order
    > /header.htm, line 1
    > The command must be the first command within the Active Server
    Page.

    > The first line on the header is:
    > <%LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
    I haven't used FP in a long time, but I would move that line into the
    top of the actual ASP page (remove it from the Header page) and then
    have the ASP insert the Header page just below that line. Like this:

    <Begin ASP page here>
    <%LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" CODEPAGE="1252"%>
    <Insert Header Page here>

    <The rest of the ASP continues here>

    <Insert the footer page here>
    <End of the ASP page>

    --

    Phillip Windell [CCNA, MVP, MCP]
    [email]pwindellwandtv.com[/email]

    Phillip Windell Guest

  3. #3

    I am running Indesign CS2 under OS10.4.7.

    When I double-click on an Indesign template it opens as a copy of the template, saved in the same place as the original, rather than an untitled new doent.

    If I open templates by dragging onto the ID icon or through the open dialogue they are fine and open as an untieled doent.

    Is this double-clicking issue normal? - I could have sworn I was opening templates OK by double-clicking on them a few months ago - but my memory could be fooling me!
    Vince_Bamford@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    It's normal but I believe it's a recent normal.

    Keep all your templates in a folder and put it your sidebar, so they're always available following a command-o. That way, you stay within ID and don't have to navigate on the desktop to your template.
    DavidT Guest

  5. #5

    2-clikking a template always creates a copy-- it's not an InD issue, it's an issue with the way the Mac OS handles templates. It's been that way since day one.
    Eric Otto Guest

  6. #6

    it's not an InD issue, it's an issue with the way the Mac OS handles templates

    True, though I would argue that it is in a way an InDesign issue since Adobe chose to use the OS "Stationery Pad" feature to implement templates.
    Peter_Truskier@adobeforums.com Guest