Professional Web Applications Themes

Template update not working... - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi! I've been maintaining my site using a previous version of Dreamweaver on an old PC. I've now installed MX on a new PC, and have downloaded the site onto the it. All has been working well (I like MX - it is a nice environment to work in). My problem is that when I update my templates, they no longer automatically update the pages that are dependent on them. I have not until now tried to make any changes to templates using MX. Has something changed in the way Dreamweaver handles templates? Or have I lost a links database ...

  1. #1

    Default Template update not working...

    Hi!

    I've been maintaining my site using a previous version of Dreamweaver on an old PC. I've now installed MX on a new PC, and have downloaded the site onto the it. All has been working well (I like MX - it is a nice environment to work in).

    My problem is that when I update my templates, they no longer automatically update the pages that are dependent on them. I have not until now tried to make any changes to templates using MX.

    Has something changed in the way Dreamweaver handles templates? Or have I lost a links database when I transferred machines? Or is something broken...?

    Thanks, in advance, for your help!

    James Manktelow
    [url]www.mindtools.com[/url]
    [email]James_Manktelowhotmail.com[/email]

    JNManktelow webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Template update not working...

    I had this problem when I moved to MX too...

    Make SURE that your Templates directory only has .DWT files in it.

    Also you could try detaching and re-attaching the files to the templates... takes a while but you only have to do it once..

    MX is like a box of chocolates - Someone's usually eaten the good bits already!
    Flashjunky webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    "JNManktelow" [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I've been maintaining my site using a previous version of Dreamweaver on an old PC. I've now installed MX on a new PC, and have downloaded the site onto the it. All has been working well (I like MX - it is a nice environment to work in).
    >
    > My problem is that when I update my templates, they no longer automatically update the pages that are dependent on them. I have not until now tried to make any changes to templates using MX.
    >
    > Has something changed in the way Dreamweaver handles templates? Or have I lost a links database when I transferred machines? Or is something broken...?
    This might help:
    [url]http://dreamweavermx-templates.com/tutorials/tutupdate.cfm[/url]
    If not, browse through various previous threads about this here:
    [url]http://shorterlink.com/?JRT0YQ[/url]

    --
    Dan Vendel - *GOF*
    [url]http://www.vendel.info[/url]

    Dan Vendel *GOF* Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks for these comments - I'll have a look and get back if necessary.

    Best wishes!

    James

    JNManktelow webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    I agree it's a terrible thing to have to do, but I found that sometimes it's only way to fix a site... :(