Professional Web Applications Themes

Templates properties grayed out - Macromedia Contribute General Discussion

Hi, Not quite sure if this is the proper newsgroup for this question, but I'm sure you'll tell me ;). Today I upgraded to Contribute CS3 because a website i'm working on now will be maintained with it. In this website (which is currently only running under localhost), on most pages I have optional regions whioch should be set on/off through the template properties dialogue. However as soon as I try to edit one of these pages and want to edit the Template properties, the option is grayed out, and cannot be selected. I have compared the new optional regions ...

  1. #1

    Default Templates properties grayed out

    Hi,

    Not quite sure if this is the proper newsgroup for this question, but I'm
    sure you'll tell me ;). Today I upgraded to Contribute CS3 because a website
    i'm working on now will be maintained with it.

    In this website (which is currently only running under localhost), on most
    pages I have optional regions whioch should be set on/off through the
    template properties dialogue. However as soon as I try to edit one of these
    pages and want to edit the Template properties, the option is grayed out,
    and cannot be selected.

    I have compared the new optional regions code with earlie sites I created
    but cannot discover the difference. I also tried the same with Contribute 3
    (which I still have installed), and guess what: the template properties are
    avaliable. I've looked every place I can think of, but can;t find the cause,
    let alone the solution.

    Anyone who can shed light on this?

    Thanks.
    John

    Laiverd.COM Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Templates properties grayed out

    I seem to have solved the problem by recreating the templates from scratch.
    Templates were created with Dreamweaver 8 , which I upgraded today also to
    CS3. So far backward compatibility ?!

    John

    "Laiverd.COM" <share_your_knowledgesomeserver.nl> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Not quite sure if this is the proper newsgroup for this question, but I'm
    > sure you'll tell me ;). Today I upgraded to Contribute CS3 because a
    > website i'm working on now will be maintained with it.
    >
    > In this website (which is currently only running under localhost), on most
    > pages I have optional regions whioch should be set on/off through the
    > template properties dialogue. However as soon as I try to edit one of
    > these pages and want to edit the Template properties, the option is grayed
    > out, and cannot be selected.
    >
    > I have compared the new optional regions code with earlie sites I created
    > but cannot discover the difference. I also tried the same with Contribute
    > 3 (which I still have installed), and guess what: the template properties
    > are avaliable. I've looked every place I can think of, but can;t find the
    > cause, let alone the solution.
    >
    > Anyone who can shed light on this?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > John