Professional Web Applications Themes

Testing and feedback needed for project - Macromedia Director 3D

here http://www.armoredlegion.com we're looking for feedback and suggestions for our game armored legion we've been working on it for about 4 months (minus a big break over christmas), it has about 16 planets to visit currently, procedurally generated (props and more distinguishing faetures are coming soon), and player versus player combat the server is custom written in c++, there are about 15k npc's spread across the worlds currently, and several hundred players per world is supported thanks - ZookazRules...

  1. #1

    Default Testing and feedback needed for project

    here http://www.armoredlegion.com

    we're looking for feedback and suggestions for our game armored legion

    we've been working on it for about 4 months (minus a big break over
    christmas), it has about 16 planets to visit currently, procedurally generated
    (props and more distinguishing faetures are coming soon), and player versus
    player combat

    the server is custom written in c++, there are about 15k npc's spread across
    the worlds currently, and several hundred players per world is supported

    thanks

    - ZookazRules

    ZookazRules Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Testing and feedback needed for project

    This is nice, but sorry - I simply cannot accept worlds with no
    lightmaps and shadows any more. This is 2009 not 1999 !!!

    Rgs,
    Ziggi
    Ziggi Guest

  3. #3

    I can understand you leaning towards lightmaps but shadows have no effect on
    gameplay. graphics and gameplay are a seperate matter. having one does not
    ensure the other. zookaz your game looks alright its a turn based game. while
    it would take longer why not make an action based version of it in the future.
    I think this would be more engaging

    tyree_2 Guest

  4. #4

    [q]Originally posted by: ZookazRules

    http://www.armoredlegion.com

    we're looking for feedback and suggestions for our game armored legion[/q]

    Very nice for a chat room.
    :tounge;

    Nanomedia Guest

  5. #5

    [q]Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
    This is nice, but sorry - I simply cannot accept worlds with no
    lightmaps and shadows any more. This is 2009 not 1999 !!!
    [/q]

    I've been pretty busy this week with real work (sigh), but I made a few
    minutes to throw in a quick shadow, just for you :)

    As for lightmaps, although they're trivial to add, I haven't for a couple of
    reasons. First off, the DCR is already getting a little large and there are so
    many other things that would offer more bang for the buck. Secondly, I don't
    really think they're all that necessary for these landscapes. I can't imagine
    much benefit to lightmapping some hills. If I were to add some buildings, some
    ruins, etc... then its an area to revisit.

    To tyree_2: The combat was a design choice, real-time wouldn't have taken any
    longer to implement. I grew up on games like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, and
    similar games, so I wanted to bring back that style of combat in this one. In
    time more options, as well as group combat, etc... will be added.

    To Nanomedia: I'm not quite sure what you mean by that? Unless you had an
    existing account, you should have been taken through a tutorial and given a
    chance at combat right away.

    ZookazRules Guest