Professional Web Applications Themes

Text box disappears when viewed in preview of Publisher 2003 - Help! - Web Design

I have just converted my web site designed in Publisher 2002 to Publisher 2003. The really irritating thing is that several text boxes (in same locations on the pages) are now showing up and have disappeared! I woudl like to have every element (text box, emages, etc.,) look the same continued...

  1. #1

    Default Text box disappears when viewed in preview of Publisher 2003 - Help!

    I have just converted my web site designed in Publisher 2002 to Publisher 2003. The really irritating thing is that several text boxes (in same locations on the pages) are now showing up and have disappeared! I woudl like to have every element (text box, emages, etc.,) look the same as before and be visible. What can I do to fix this problem. I am very frustrated right now as I have ttried everything and nothing is working. PLEASE HELP
    Please respond as soon as possible.
    Stevan Guest

  2. #2

    Can you publish the site to the web and post the url so the site can be
    reviewed for your "missing" text.

    --
    David Bartosik - Microsoft MVP
    Visit [url]www.davidbartosik.com[/url]

    "Stevan" <stevk@idirect.com> wrote in message
    > I have just converted my web site designed in Publisher 2002 to Publisher
    2003. The really irritating thing is that several text boxes (in same
    locations on the pages) are now showing up and have disappeared! I woudl
    like to have every element (text box, emages, etc.,) look the same as before
    and be visible. What can I do to fix this problem. I am very frustrated
    right now as I have ttried everything and nothing is working. PLEASE HELP!
    > Please respond as soon as possible.

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  3. #3

    Hi David

    Yesy I could do that but then it would not look well for my visitors. Is there any other way we could troubleshoot this? Why have the text boxes disappeared. There is nothing on top of them or under so I don't see a reason for not appearing when reviewed as a site. I am very disappointed that I have not been able to reoslve this issue as I have invested a lot of my timem in it. Please help.
    Stevan Guest

  4. #4

    If you already have a published site than publish these pages to a
    sub-folder in the site, your site visitors can't see it if you don't have
    links to them. If you haven't yet published a site than you have no reason
    to be concerned about publishing, unless you know for a fact that people are
    beating down the doors to see your pages. In which case just put "under
    construction" on the home page.

  5. #5

    Hi Davud

    I have uploaded the site to: [url]http://www.timesaversforteachers.com/publisher2003[/url]
    There you can see what I am taling about. Please go to page: [url]http://www.timesaversforteachers.com/publisher2003/index_theteachersbinderresource.ht[/url]
    The box on the top of the page is not showing up and neither is oe of them near the bottom. To see how it is supposed to look you can simply go to my current web site which is: [url]http://www.timesaversforteachers.com[/url] and click on The Teacher's Binder logo.

    My current site is published using Publisher 2002. The files are half in size and I do not have any problems. I was looking forward to using Publisher 2003 because I have bought and used every single version since its inception. Please help me fix this problem as I woudl like to saty with Publisher 2003 if possible. One way around it from what I coudl see is to save the same box as an image. The it seems to work but would that not add to the file size? I appreciate any help you can offer Davud. Stevan
    Stevan Guest

  6. #6

    Well after spending a while poring thru the code of these two pages all I
    have to say for myself is "huh".

    First I have to mention that I found that the 'more about' color filled box
    is an image file (the colored box) layered with text in a div. Whereas the
    other boxes (the 2 in question) are not images but rather they are colored
    table cells with text in a div. The latter would be the proper way to code
    it, the odd thing is why all 3 aren't coded that way. Perhaps there is
    something about the way you created these boxes?

    But as far as your issue, oddly enough the code is there. The filled cell
    and the text div for both boxes are in the code. The code is there yet the
    browser isn't rendering it. Big "HUH" there.

    I would need you to send me your 2003 file and let me spend some time with
    it. Run some testing. This may be something I have to get with MS on. You
    may very well have to hunker down with 2002 for right now.

    As far as your concern on file size I recommend you read my article -
    [url]http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub11.htm[/url]

    Send me the 2003 pub file and I'll get back to you when I figure something
    out.

    --

    [url]http://www.timesaversforteachers.com/publisher2003/index_theteachersbinderresource.htm[/url]

  7. #7

    Hi David

    Thank you for your answer. I looked for your email address and did not see one anywhere so could you please tell me where you want me to send the file to? Also, which file do you want me to send to you? The Publisher web site itself as done in Pubnlisher or the converted files. Is it possible for you to reply to me to my email address: [email]stevk@idirect.com[/email]

    Thank

    Stevan
    Stevan Guest

  8. #8

    Hi David,

    How are we doing on this issue?
    Stevan Guest

  9. #9

    between the holidays and my current work load I haven't yet had time to
    spend with the material you submitted. I haven't forgotten it.

  10. #10

    That's great David... thank you for your time and effort. I am looking forward to your reply.
    Stevan Guest