If you are using Access 2000 or 2002, there is a Replace function.

To replace the occurrance of {FirstName} with the contents of the field
FirstName in the field MyMemo, it works like this:

Me.MyMemo = Replace(Me.MyMemo, "{FirstName}", Me.FirstName

--
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.
Tips for Access users - [url]http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html[/url]