Professional Web Applications Themes

text to vectors looks broken in the exported pdf-file - Macromedia Freehand

hello, im using fh10 (windows xp) and try to export a graphic as a pdf file. to avoid saving the font with the pdf i break the text to vectors. after exporting the freehand file as a pdf-file the text looks thicker and broken in the pdf-file: whats wrong? Any input and help is greatly appreciated...

  1. #1

    Default text to vectors looks broken in the exported pdf-file

    scriptgirl webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    thanks! i tried it: it works fine with verdana. but:

    if i use a font like hooge or lucida, dont convert it to vectors, and try to export is as a pdf file acrobat tells me during the opening process:
    thats why i tried to convert fonts. does anybody know hints for that problem?

    scriptgirl webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    duent." and shows a white doent.
    > thats why i tried to convert fonts. does anybody know hints for that
    problem?

    When you export as PDF, are you embedding the fonts?

    Converting to outlines is the sure-fire way to get a file to press sans font
    troubles, but, as you've seen, the type on-screen may look a little funny
    (it prints fine). The other thing to watch for is overprint settings after
    converting to outlines.

    -Darrel

    darrel Guest

  4. #4

    I notice that the type does NOT appear thicker and chunkier in the full
    version of Acrobat, but absolutely does in the reader. (This is for type
    converted to vectors, not embedded fonts; I'm using OSX and OS9) Doesn't
    affect printing - both versions print the same.

    -David {I still have my installer disk for Aldus FreeHand 1.0}

    in article bgo9nc$lrb$1forums.macromedia.com, scriptgirl at
    [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote on 8/5/03 8:59 AM:
    > hello,
    >
    > im using fh10 (windows xp) and try to export a graphic as a pdf file.
    > to avoid saving the font with the pdf i break the text to vectors.
    > after exporting the freehand file as a pdf-file the text looks thicker and
    > broken in the pdf-file: whats wrong?
    >
    > Any input and help is greatly appreciated

    David Maurand Guest

  5. #5

    David,

    Check your Artwork Smoothing preferences in both apps.

    Rich

    David Maurand wrote:
    > I notice that the type does NOT appear thicker and chunkier in the full
    > version of Acrobat, but absolutely does in the reader. (This is for type
    > converted to vectors, not embedded fonts; I'm using OSX and OS9) Doesn't
    > affect printing - both versions print the same.
    >
    > -David {I still have my installer disk for Aldus FreeHand 1.0}
    >
    > in article bgo9nc$lrb$1forums.macromedia.com, scriptgirl at
    > [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote on 8/5/03 8:59 AM:
    >

    >>hello,
    >>
    >>im using fh10 (windows xp) and try to export a graphic as a pdf file.
    >>to avoid saving the font with the pdf i break the text to vectors.
    >>after exporting the freehand file as a pdf-file the text looks thicker and
    >>broken in the pdf-file: whats wrong?
    >>
    >>Any input and help is greatly appreciated

    Rich Hudgins Guest