Professional Web Applications Themes

Text wrap adding a ghost Wrap??? - Adobe Indesign Macintosh

hello, I was working on creating a clipping mask on a photo by using the pen tool and making a silo. Then I would cut the picture and paste into my closed shape. when I make the text wrap.. the text goes around the newly made shape with the picture in it, however, I am also getting another area lower to the right of that picture making a wrap....to nothing however... It just like appears.. There is no path there and nothing on the original picture from photoshop, so I don't understand why I cannot get text to fill that ...

  1. #1

    Default Text wrap adding a ghost Wrap???

    hello,

    I was working on creating a clipping mask on a photo by using the pen tool and making a silo. Then I would cut the picture and paste into my closed shape. when I make the text wrap.. the text goes around the newly made shape with the picture in it, however, I am also getting another area lower to the right of that picture making a wrap....to nothing however... It just like appears.. There is no path there and nothing on the original picture from photoshop, so I don't understand why I cannot get text to fill that space.
    Has this happened to anyone before??
    thanks,
    barbara
    barbarapress@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Text wrap adding a ghost Wrap???

    Sounds like you may have a wrap applied to the graphic itself as well as
    the frame. Select the graphic with the direct select tool (white arrow)
    and then check the text wrap palette.

    Bob
    Bob Levine Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Bob,

    Weird, but I did find another outline.. The strange thing, is it is so far from where the picture is, and it's frame, that it would seem I could just delete it. But, when I do, the picture goes away too... this has to be some kind of bug, because I have to use the direct selection tool and move the path around the image better. And yet it has no bearing on the actual frame itself that Io made with the pen tool..
    I hope they fix this in the future....it is certainly and odd thing.
    thanks again for your help!

  4. #4

    Sounds more like you placed a framed image in another frame.

    Bob
    Bob Levine Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Bob,
    I don't think I did... unless the box I originally had the picture in didn't disappear when I cut the image out of the square box, to paste into my new shape.. Either way, I tried doing the same thing I did before and now it won't do it... It must have been one of those odd things that occasionally happen...
    If it happens again.... I will let you know..

  6. #6

    Perhaps there is an existing path or alpha channel in the original file!

    Gerd
    Gerd_Kalesse@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    unless the box I originally had the picture in didn't disappear when I
    cut the image out of the square box, to paste into my new shape..

    If you did not select the content of the frame, and just selected the graphic w/ it's frame, you will be pasting that graphic & FRAME into the new shape.
    Make sure you cut the graphic out of it's frame before pasting into the new shape.

    Chris
    chris@adsrus.com Guest

  8. #8

    Use the white arrow to select just the image. You may have to select once to get the frame and then click again to just select the image.
    Richard_Sohanchyk@adobeforums.com Guest