Professional Web Applications Themes

Texturing Help - Macromedia Director 3D

I have a model that I want the user to be able to texture progressiveley by clicking on a series of buttons. Essentially, the model has got a plain texture applied to it, but the original, proceedural texture is contained in the saved file. Is there a way I can create the buttons so that, as each one is clicked, a single texture is applied to the model with the correct mapping co-ords - as each button is pressed, another texture is applied on top until the model is fully textured? I've tried importig the original bitmaps, but the texture ...

  1. #1

    Default Texturing Help

    I have a model that I want the user to be able to texture progressiveley by
    clicking on a series of buttons. Essentially, the model has got a plain texture
    applied to it, but the original, proceedural texture is contained in the saved
    file. Is there a way I can create the buttons so that, as each one is clicked,
    a single texture is applied to the model with the correct mapping co-ords - as
    each button is pressed, another texture is applied on top until the model is
    fully textured? I've tried importig the original bitmaps, but the texture is
    applied to the whole mesh, so each texture totally covers the previous one. I'm
    sure there must be a way of referencing the individual textures saved with the
    3d mesh and retain their mapping co-ordiantes, but it's causing me some severe
    grief. Anyone got any tips?

    screeny32 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Texturing Help

    screeny32 wrote:
    > I have a model that I want the user to be able to texture progressiveley by
    > clicking on a series of buttons. Essentially, the model has got a plain texture
    > applied to it, but the original, proceedural texture is contained in the saved
    > file. Is there a way I can create the buttons so that, as each one is clicked,
    > a single texture is applied to the model with the correct mapping co-ords - as
    > each button is pressed, another texture is applied on top until the model is
    > fully textured? I've tried importig the original bitmaps, but the texture is
    > applied to the whole mesh, so each texture totally covers the previous one. I'm
    > sure there must be a way of referencing the individual textures saved with the
    > 3d mesh and retain their mapping co-ordiantes, but it's causing me some severe
    > grief. Anyone got any tips?

    Hi. In the 3D app (¿3d Max?) you can create a multi sub object material
    that will get exported as different shaders. Then, you change the
    texture of those shaders and you´ll get the effect you want.

    HTH,
    --
    Agustín María Rodríguez | Partner
    Methanoia Studio | [url]http://www.methanoia.com[/url]