Professional Web Applications Themes

Thanks to this forum I have a personal reference book - Adobe Photoshop Elements

When I first bought PE I was a total newbie. I read all the books on the subject that I could get from the library. I made some notes, but generally I found that only a few chapters in each book were relevant to me. And those chapters didn't have as much information as I wanted. That is not a criticism of the excellent books. Even my 1200 page book on MS Word doesn't have all the answers. Then I started reading this forum every day. And every day there were several topics that were very relevant to me. I ...

  1. #1

    Default Thanks to this forum I have a personal reference book

    When I first bought PE I was a total newbie. I read all the books on the subject that I could get from the library. I made some notes, but generally I found that only a few chapters in each book were relevant to me. And those chapters didn't have as much information as I wanted. That is not a criticism of the excellent books. Even my 1200 page book on MS Word doesn't have all the answers. Then I started reading this forum every day. And every day there were several topics that were very relevant to me. I copied the questions and answers to a text editor (The best text editor I have ever found is Notetab Light, which is free.) I edited the topic name and put it in bold. By today I had 42 pages worth. Of course, since I just added each new tip to the end of the file it became too much of an effort to ever find what I wanted. So I transferred the file to MS Word and created an index using the topic names and put the index at the beginning of the file. Voila! I have an alphabetized index. I printed the 42 pages and have a wonderful reference book for my personal use. I hope I haven't violated any copyright laws :-(.

    Thanks to all who contribute to this forum. I've learned so much!! and with my book, I'll never forget it.

    Oh, yes. I can continue to add to my book and just update the index and print the new pages.

    Eva
    Eva Deck Guest

  2. #2

    Eva,

    Very clever of you to create an index to aid in finding relevant answers!!

    Nancy
    Nancy S Guest

  3. #3

    Eva, aint life grand when you 'get it'?? And you'll definietly 'get it' here. Sounds like you know where to find it. I hope to see your name in the weekly challenge pages.
    Jodi Frye Guest

  4. #4

    Eva,

    Notetab is a great little thing -- one of the best freebee programs around I think. You can customize it to produce that index automatically I am sure! Check out the clips newsletter: [email]ntb-clipsyahoogroups.com[/email]

    Richard Lynch
    Richard Lynch Guest

  5. #5

    EVA,
    Welcome! Yes, do try a "Challenge". You only have to be as dumb as I or someone who simply likes to learn and have fun too.
    Marty
    Marty Landolt Guest