Professional Web Applications Themes

That ing sound you hear... - SCO

....is The SCO Group stock circling the bowl. Guess too many people have rightfully determined that SCO has been perpetrating a massive fraud. Boy, I guess all you guys who couldn't read the BOLD FACE 5000pt writing on the wall must feel pretty stupid. No? Still holding onto some hope? Read any Groklaw recently? 8^) I was recently forced to buy back the stock I had sold short because the owners were bailing. I did manage to make over $12,000 on all the losers that bet on SCO so all is not lost. Har De Har Har Har! Best regards, ...

  1. #1

    Default That ing sound you hear...

    ....is The SCO Group stock circling the bowl.

    Guess too many people have rightfully determined that SCO has been
    perpetrating a massive fraud.

    Boy, I guess all you guys who couldn't read the BOLD FACE 5000pt writing on
    the wall must feel pretty stupid.

    No?

    Still holding onto some hope?

    Read any Groklaw recently?

    8^)

    I was recently forced to buy back the stock I had sold short because the
    owners were bailing. I did manage to make over $12,000 on all the losers
    that bet on SCO so all is not lost.

    Har De Har Har Har!

    Best regards,

    Brian

    Brian Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: That ing sound you hear...

    You realize that by acting like a complete and utter fool, you disparage not
    only yourself but the Linux community as a whole. These people know SCO is
    dead, that is a given, however they have a right to support their current
    installs without the likes of you harassing them.

    David Guest

  3. #3

    "David Chait" <stanford.edu> wrote in message news:<borrb2$mm8$Stanford.EDU>...

    Actually, we even have a right to not consider it dead.

    It may change hands, or it may manage to continue as some form of the
    current organization, but either way, it may stick around as a product
    that somebody somewhere continues to develop and support for some time
    yet.
    Brian Guest

  4. #4

    On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 23:04:17 GMT, Brian <com>
    wrote:

    Bailing? See:
    http://finance./q/it?s=SCOX
    Planned sale of 10,000 shares (approx $160,000) in the past month.
    What insider trading? Which owners are bailing?

    # santa-cruz.ca.us
    # 831.421.6491 digital_pager com AE6KS
    Jeff Guest

  5. #5

    Jeff Liebermann wrote: [/ref]

    What happens when I sell short is I borrow shares and then sell them keeping
    the proceeds in a special account - when the share price drops, I buy them
    back at a lower price and return them to their owner. This is called
    selling short.

    It is unusual for the shares to be recalled over so short a period but that
    is actually what happened - I had sold over 2000 shares at ~$22, most of
    the shares were recalled yesterday when the price hit ~$16 so I had to
    replace them paying between $15.50 and $15.00.

    The shares were recalled because the owners are getting scared and want to
    sell them.

    I would love to get some more action so tomorrow I am going to look around
    for some more shares to sell short.

    What I said has nothing to do with insider trading - I am betting that SCO
    bites the dust, and I am winning big!

    8^)

    Brian

    Brian Guest

  6. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Brian Guest
    Moderated Post

  7. #7

    On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 06:45:18 GMT, Brian <com>
    wrote:
     [/ref]
    > [/ref]

    Sorry. I thought you were refering to insiders bailing, not that the
    share owners were getting panicky because the stock was actually
    dropping. There were several previous accusastions of insiders unload
    stock and I thought this was just another one. My appologies.
    http://finance./q/bc?s=SCOX&t=5d&l=on&z=m&q=l&c=

    The highest historical market price was $22 in mid October. You timed
    it perfectly.

    With a 32% drop in stock value in 30 days, I would also panic.

    No problem. All SCO has to do is raise the damage claims from $3
    billion to perhaps $5 billion. That should attract the lunatic fringe
    and pump up the stock price some more. Also, any kind of news
    involving a settlement with IBM will pump up the stock. Never mind
    reality, it's perception that counts.

    --
    Jeff Liebermann 150 Felker St #D Santa Cruz CA 95060
    (831)421-6491 pgr (831)336-2558 home

  8. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    David Guest
    Moderated Post

  9. #9

    "Brian" <com> wrote in message
    on

    Just out of curiosity a couple people mentioned it was unethical to be
    supporting SCO installations, developing for SCO, or recommending SCO in any
    way. Isn't it also unethical to take advantage of their over inflated stock
    price that they keep pumping up with all of this legal stuff? To me that is
    just as much profiting off of this mess as the people who are running the
    company. It would be one thing for someone who owned stock previously to
    sell it at an advantageous time. Yeah, it is a good business opportunity,
    but it seems like you were at one point criticizing the people still working
    for the company, while you yourself own a piece of the company. Although it
    is entirely possible that it was one of the other guys suggesting this.

    I am not trying to start a war, just posing a question.

    Thanks,
    Justin

    Justin Guest

  10. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Brian Guest
    Moderated Post

  11. #11

    Opinder Bawa, SCO's Senior Vice President of Engineering and Global
    Services, appears to be bailing out. Maybe he doesn't want to be there to
    share the profits when they get 3 billions from IBM, or...?

    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10432 says:
    On June 3, he sold 15,000 shares at $6.00 per share, disposing of all his
    directly owned stock. On June 4, he exercised all his outstanding options on
    7,916 shares at $1.20 per share, turning them immediately at $6.60 per
    share. These transactions disposed of all of his stock holdings listed on
    SCO's 2003 proxy statement, netting Bawa just less than $133,000 minus
    transaction fees. Not much, considering that his annual salary for 2003 was
    reportedly $178,000.

    Terje Guest

  12. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator