Professional Web Applications Themes

The Big Lie! - SCO

Removed by Administrator...

  1. Moderated Post

    Default The Big Lie!

    Removed by Administrator
    Brian Guest
    Moderated Post

  2. Moderated Post

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Removed by Administrator
    J. Guest
    Moderated Post

  3. Moderated Post

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Removed by Administrator
    Brian Guest
    Moderated Post

  4. #4

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:39:35 +0000, Brian wrote:
     

    I wonder if that has more to do with your tone than what you're saying.

    I'm a Linux person, and I've been poking my nose in here recently to get a
    more balanced idea of the whole thing. So I completely agree with you.
    But from what I've seen, pretty much everyone here thinks SCO is way off
    base. Consider that some of them sell SCO software, and I can't imagine
    the lawsuit helping things. A lot of people here don't drink the OSS
    Kool-aid, and aren't totally convinced of IBM's innocence or the GPL's
    strength, but I think "die-hard SCO FanBoys" (and the rest of the insults
    you've been throwing) is unjustified, and it makes us look bad.

    --
    Tom Felker, <com>
    <http://vlevel.sourceforge.net> - Stop fiddling with the volume knob.

    McBride: "I have here in my hand a list of two hundred and five..."

    Tom Guest

  5. Moderated Post

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Removed by Administrator
    Stuart Guest
    Moderated Post

  6. Moderated Post

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Removed by Administrator
    Brian Guest
    Moderated Post

  7. #7

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Stuart J. Browne wrote: 

    Then we can safely ignore each other.

    Brian


    Brian Guest

  8. #8

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Brian skrev: 

    The above is a very bright insight into your mind, and what you might
    possibly want to gain here .... - i think i was that *CLUELESS* SCO FanBoy.

    Funny enough, i've been using Linux as a professional tool, since 0.99.
    I've had 3 businesses selling, advocating and supporting Linux since
    then. I've set up one 100% pure Linux ISP, and am at the moment hired at
    a Cobol shop, to bring them into the 21 century - which incidently
    includes slowly fasing out all our customers SCO boxes (~30 servers) and
    converting them to Linux - wholesale.

    I've used the last year in this company, trying to get the SCO boxes
    that cannot be fased out fast (either because the customer doesn't have
    the cash - or just recently installed the boxes), to use some of the
    modern opensource (GPL) stuff - unfortunatly that isn't always easy (and
    in case of OpenOffice a pretty much impossible task).

    So i'll just stand here alone in this room as the one *CLUELESS* SCO
    FanBoy - methinks.


    PS: It might actually be enlightening for you, to once in a while to
    take the colored sunglasses off your nose, and actually read what people
    are writing.
     

    --
    Mvh/Regards
    Kim Petersen
    Jens Grøns Vej 11, 7100 Vejle, DK - Denmark
    +45 75 83 15 50

    Kim Guest

  9. #9

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Brian <com> wrote: 
     

    While there may be Linux fanboys, I doubt there are any SCO fanatics.

    Your failure to understand that none of use have any emotional
    investment here is amazing.
     

    I've told you over and over again that the only problem I have with
    your rants is that you state that they are truth rather than opinion.

    We aren't ignoring anything. Most of us (on the outside of SCO
    at least) aren't waving any flags for SCO's victory. We think
    it's a lousy, awful mess, but we aren't so bullheaded stupid that
    we insist that they couldn't have a case. There's a lot of reason
    to think they don't, but we DO NOT KNOW THE TRUTH.
     

    Oh, sheesh. His comment had nothing to do with SCO, it was a
    comment about lawyers.
     

    Another error. Few of us are "supporting" SCO. We have SCO servers that
    we administer, or we have clients with same. Most of us also have
    Linux, Mac, Windows, servers. This is largely a group of
    business people, not OS fanatics.

    --
    com Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com
    Get paid for writing about tech: http://aplawrence.com/publish.html
    tony@aplawrence.com Guest

  10. #10

    Default Re: The Big Lie!


    <com> wrote in message news:bmknub$qs8$std.com... 
    > [/ref]
    duplicity 
    >
    > While there may be Linux fanboys, I doubt there are any SCO fanatics.
    >
    > Your failure to understand that none of use have any emotional
    > investment here is amazing.
    > [/ref]
    the 
    >
    > I've told you over and over again that the only problem I have with
    > your rants is that you state that they are truth rather than opinion.
    >
    > We aren't ignoring anything. Most of us (on the outside of SCO
    > at least) aren't waving any flags for SCO's victory. We think
    > it's a lousy, awful mess, but we aren't so bullheaded stupid that
    > we insist that they couldn't have a case. There's a lot of reason
    > to think they don't, but we DO NOT KNOW THE TRUTH.

    >
    > Oh, sheesh. His comment had nothing to do with SCO, it was a
    > comment about lawyers.
    > [/ref]



    Tony, why do you even bother to respond to this nonsense? You have been
    very courteous in your responses when it's clear that the people starting
    these threads are the "fanboys" that they are saying everybody else is. No
    matter what you tell these people, they aren't going to let it drop --
    they'll just keep spewing the same arguments regardless of what is said.

    The fact of the matter is that we all continue to use SCO products for one
    reason or another. Although, as you say, the entire situation is a mess, I
    feel no need to "defend" myself from these people. It's a waste of your
    energy.


    Greg Jewell


    Greg Guest

  11. #11

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Greg Jewell <net> wrote:
     
     

    Perhaps. But I have sooo much energy :-)

    Seriously, I think ignoring them isn't going to help, and if no one
    speaks back, some newbie reading may get the idea that there's nothing
    to be said.

    --
    com Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com
    Get paid for writing about tech: http://aplawrence.com/publish.html
    tony@aplawrence.com Guest

  12. Moderated Post

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Removed by Administrator
    Brian Guest
    Moderated Post

  13. Moderated Post

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Removed by Administrator
    Brian Guest
    Moderated Post

  14. Moderated Post

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Removed by Administrator
    Kim Guest
    Moderated Post

  15. #15

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Brian <com> wrote: [/ref][/ref]
     [/ref]
     

    I doubt that there are any SCO fanatics. Linux has a large base of
    real fans, people who have an emotional involvement with the OS,
    much like some people have with their favorite sports team. Other
    OSes have their fans too: ever listen to a die hard Amiga fan?

    If you can find a SCO fanatic at all, it will be a long search. The
    people here are administrators, programmers, businesspeople who
    have no emotional investment in the product. It's possible that
    some of the SCO employees might have some emotional ties, but I
    bet for most of them it's much more a love of Unix in general than
    SCO specifically.
     
     [/ref]
     
     

    Once again, I don't need to put up anything. I'm not the one
    insisting that there is only one possible interpretation of the facts we
    have at hand. You are the one who is loudly and rudely insisting
    that your opinions are gospel and everyone else is blind.
     [/ref]
     

    I'm not ignoring anything. I assert that it is in fact you that are
    blind to anything that doesn't match your view of what this must
    be all about.

     

    Well, gosh, Brian, has anyone restrained you from responding? Just
    how would we do that? You are entitled to your opinion, and if you
    understood and admitted that it is just opinion, and toned down
    the unnecessary vitriol, you might find that people are willing
    to calmly and rationally discuss your thoughts.

    You seem to be the one who allows no room for any views contrary
    to your own. I freely admit that your view is POSSIBLE, though
    I do seriously doubt the wilder conspiracy aspects. I also
    don't think it is appropriate to accuse people of illegality
    until you have all the facts, but I certainly do understand your
    anger. This can be very serious, and as I have said many times,
    I think it was wrong EVEN IF THEY REALLY HAVE EVIDENCE. I
    think we have the risk of real damage here, much to the glee of
    Microsoft, I'm sure. On the other hand, I also am aware that
    something like this had to happen sooner or later, and while
    this may not be the best time (because of the pro big-business
    attitudes of the current administration), that's the way it
    fell and we have to live with it.

    --
    com Unix/Linux/Mac OS X resources: http://aplawrence.com
    Get paid for writing about tech: http://aplawrence.com/publish.html

    tony@aplawrence.com Guest

  16. Moderated Post

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Removed by Administrator
    Brian Guest
    Moderated Post

  17. Moderated Post

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Removed by Administrator
    Brian Guest
    Moderated Post

  18. Moderated Post

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Removed by Administrator
    Kim Guest
    Moderated Post

  19. #19

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    com wrote: [/ref][/ref]

    Then Brian <com> wrote: [/ref]

    On top of that com wrote: 

    And for giggles I write:

    Amen to that. SCO is just an O/S I support. So is Linux. Don't even
    bother to ask me about Winders. Am I an SCO fanboi? Nope. Am I a Linux
    zelot? Nope, but getting warmer. We're just trying to make a buck
    selling our software which happens to run BEST on Linux. Ok, between
    Linux, Winders & SCO UNIX we've seen the best performance from Linux
    then SCO then Winders draggin up the rear (pardon!). Anywho, enough
    ramblin..........
    --
    Darryl Krasman
    Ideal Computer Group

    Darryl Guest

  20. Moderated Post

    Default Re: The Big Lie!

    Removed by Administrator
    Brian Guest
    Moderated Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139