Professional Web Applications Themes

The Challenge and Fame - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I was up dating the challenge and told my Doreen in passing that Marty was off visiting her daughter Dianne and still managed to enter a challenge. Doreen then did a Google on Marty and guess what she popped up with references to the challenge. Then I tried Jodi and Ray and ... seems Google is picking up all the artist .... oh the price of fame your only little spot on Google. g...

  1. #1

    Default The Challenge and Fame

    Grant_Dixon@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: The Challenge and Fame

    I discovered that a few months ago. I was (out of curiosity) running a search on myself when an
    entry I made for the Challenge poped up... I was like "uh..?" It was an old one. Then I realized
    google must have cached the pages at some point.

    Those funny little things you can find on the net.. !

    Ray Guest

  3. #3

    Ha ha! Grant! Oh, the price of fame.

    I found my name (but it wasn't MOI) in some pretty bad situations toward the end of Google's listings. I was horrified and hoped that anyone looking me up would be tired by that page. LOL.

    But you deserve Fame! What a great job you do, and you amaze me with your speediness.

    Lorace
    Lorace_Graham@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    This is funny, I looked up me, and got a real estate agent, a hair salon, a couple of geneology sites, and a nice site about someone with my name and a lot more kids than I have.
    Alas, no Photoshop glory. Pretty common name, eh.
    Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    ya, don't I feel special....almost a full page for me ....if only anyone knew.
    Jodi_Frye@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Jodi

    We do!

  7. #7

    I came up as a Drag Queen :( Oh dear and that wasn't the worst!!!
    Wendy_E_Williams@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    What's wrong with a famous drag queen?
    ;-)

    Leen
    Leen_Koper@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Famous drag queens, plural? I thought there was only one of then and
    Shirley "Cha Cha" Muldowney was magnificent.

    G.

    Grant_Dixon@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    It is great fun looking at what other people with the same name do ... who knows maybe one day I will have a link to the real me! :)
    Wendy_E_Williams@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    I also discovered my name linked to the challenge site a while ago. How does google find us or anyone?

    I think Jodi is looking for the kind of recognition like "Pay to the Order of".
    Mark_Reibman@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Jane -
    I was able to find a listing to your Artists picture by entering "Jane Carter Elements Challenge" into Google (see entry below). So you, too, can run but you can't hide :)
    Artists 6
    .... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12. Jane Carter. Jim Roberts. Jodi Frye 'America's Most Wanted'. Juergen Dirrigl. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12. Elements Challenge First Page.
    home.cogeco.ca/~challenge/Artists/index6.html - 4k - Cached - Similar pages

    I share a name with a very prolific writer of erotic romance novels (like "Bloodlust III - Forbidden Desire" and "Carnal Confessions" :} Looks like I'll have to publish under a different name!!

    I once bet my brother-in-law that his name would appear on an Internet search. He thought he had a sure win because he'd never used the Internet. But quite some time ago, I had submitted his name along with that of other members of my family to be included on the microchip being carried into outerspace on NASA's Stardust spacecraft. Out of over a million entries, his was one of the names that appeared on NASA's published list on the Stardust website and thus showed up through a Google search :). It's a small world.

    Marilyn Lee
    Marilyn_Lee@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Marilyn,

    I was also surprised to see my name listed on the Stardust.
    Nancy_S@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    imagine what would happen if i put my name (George Forman) into a Google search.............
    George Guest

  15. #15

    George,

    You mean you're not?
     [/ref][/ref]
    search.............

    Pete_D@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    Hi Marilyn, That is really neat, of all the Jane Carters out there, Google got me. Google is incredible!
    That is a lousy picture of me, standing on my friends porch in Belize. I should find a better one for Grants page.
    This is fun, thanks, Jane
    Jane_Carter@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    I am not a national accounts manager for Sonopress, nor does my family run a winery in Australia. But boy, that sure sounds fun!

    This whole Google search engine thing is the main reason I make at least a half-hearted attempt at disguising my user name in various forums on the web. It's not that I don't want the members of the forum to know who I am; it's that I don't want a stranger doing a search on my name to reveal everything I've ever done in my life. Some of us have pasts to hide! (Ha ha, just kidding.) But seriously, it's way too easy to dig up information on people.

    I feel sorry for kids today who reveal all on forums. Some day they'll run for president or something, and every post they've ever made will be dragged out for public view. And just like the children of the 60's now have to say "But I didn't inhale!", they'll have to say "But it was just a public persona--I really didn't say/think those things!". :-)
    Lou_M@adobeforums.com Guest