Professional Web Applications Themes

"The Complete FreeBSD": errata and addenda - FreeBSD

The trouble with books is that you can't update them the way you can a web page or any other online doentation. The result is that most leading edge computer books are out of date almost before they are printed. Unfortunately, The Complete FreeBSD, published by O'Reilly, is no exception. Inevitably, a number of bugs and changes have surfaced. "The Complete FreeBSD" has been through a total of five editions, including its predecessor "Installing and Running FreeBSD". Two of these have been reprinted with corrections. I maintain a series of errata pages. Start at [url]http://www.lemis.com/errata-4.html[/url] to find out how to ...

  1. #1

    Default "The Complete FreeBSD": errata and addenda

    The trouble with books is that you can't update them the way you can a web page
    or any other online doentation. The result is that most leading edge
    computer books are out of date almost before they are printed. Unfortunately,
    The Complete FreeBSD, published by O'Reilly, is no exception. Inevitably, a
    number of bugs and changes have surfaced.

    "The Complete FreeBSD" has been through a total of five editions, including its
    predecessor "Installing and Running FreeBSD". Two of these have been reprinted
    with corrections. I maintain a series of errata pages. Start at
    [url]http://www.lemis.com/errata-4.html[/url] to find out how to get the errata
    information.

    Have you found a problem with the book, or maybe something confusing? Please
    let me know: I'm constantly updating it.

    Greg
    Greg Lehey Guest

  3. #3

    http://www.lemis.com/errata-4.html to find out how to get the errata
    information.

    Have you found a problem with the book, or maybe something confusing? Please
    let me know: I'm constantly updating it.

    Greg
    Greg Guest

  6. #6

    Default Default mysql config file

    Hello,

    My /var will run out of space soon, I was told that changing mysql store
    place was a good solution. But I can't find the default configuration file,
    is it ok to create a new file with the only line indicating the store
    position? I'm a newbie and more details would be appreciated.

    Regards, Kevin

    KP Guest