Professional Web Applications Themes

the error "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit" - Adobe Acrobat SDK

I have gotten the RIKLA from Adobe. And I use the example code BasicPlugin(you can download it from Adobe wetsite) as my plug_in, then, I made the api file according to the steps in doent in the "Creating an Adobe Reader Plug_in" section of the "Developping Plug_ins and Applications". As last,I copy the api file to plug_ins folder, open Adobe Reader 8. I saw under the Tool memu there is a new menu named Acrobat sdk so that I think the api file is loaded successfully by Acrobat reader. But an error appears, it is "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader ...

  1. #1

    Default the error "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit"

    I have gotten the RIKLA from Adobe. And I use the example code BasicPlugin(you can download it from Adobe wetsite) as my plug_in, then, I made the api file according to the steps in doent in the "Creating an Adobe Reader Plug_in" section of the "Developping Plug_ins and Applications". As last,I copy the api file to plug_ins folder, open Adobe Reader 8. I saw under the Tool memu there is a new menu named Acrobat sdk so that I think the api file is loaded successfully by Acrobat reader. But an error appears, it is "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit". Can someone tell me why?Thank you.
    bruce628@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    The first thing to check is whether the plug-in actually does its job
    when you load it in Acrobat.

    Aandi Inston
    Aandi_Inston@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    When I open the acrobat reader, I must click tool menu, otherwise the error will appear and the reader has no any response. But if I click the tool menu, the error does not appear. At this time, I can test the plug_in, it works. But as long as I leave the tool menu, the error will appear.
    bruce628@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    >When I open the acrobat reader

    I assume you mean Adobe Reader; the last version called Acrobat Reader
    was 5.1.

    What I was asking you was to check that the plug-in loaded correctly
    in Acrobat. NOT in the free Reader. You must test in Acrobat first.

    I assume you have got a Reader enabling kit and license from Adobe to
    write Reader plug-ins? If this doesn't sound right, you need to read
    the doent about developing for Reader.

  5. #5

    I installed Adobe Reader 9 and when I open pdf file, after 3 seconds appear the message "Invalid plugin detected adobe reader will quit".

    Some on would help me about this error.

    Thank You

    Flavio dos Santos
    Flavio.santos@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    sounds like you have an old custom plugin installed. Remove it.
    Leonard_Rosenthol@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Hi bruce,

    Even I tried the BasicPlugin Sample but I did not get the Menu added in the menu bar. Every time, I open my reader I get the error "Invalid Plug-in". Can you please tell me what the issue is? Because you are also getting the same error but at least when you click on tools options, you can see your plug-in. I am not even able to see the plug-in.

    Thanks,
    Amruta
    Amruta_Pawar@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Which version of the Acrobat SDK are you using?

    Sanctus
    Sanctus_Germanus@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    I am also has the error.

    sdk version 9.0
    Reader9.0

    And anyone can tell me why?

    Thanks!
    billnie@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    If I disalbe the following code No that error
    ACCB1 ASBool ACCB2 PISetupSDK (ASUns32 handshakeVersion, void *sdkData)
    {
    //data->handshakeCallback = (ASCallback)ASCallbackCreateProto(PIHandshakeProcT ype, PIHandshake);
    }

    But if I don't disable the above and just return true in the following code has the error

    ACCB1 ASBool ACCB2 PIHandshake(Uns32 handshakeVersion, void *handshakeData)
    {

    return true;
    }
    billnie@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Did you Reader Enable the plugin as per the SDK?
    Leonard_Rosenthol@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    Yes, I don't enabled the plug as per the sdk.

    Thank you!
    billnie@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    I am not a Techie ;) I also got the same error "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit".

    I fixed this error by following laborious steps described in the Adobe Technical Support Home.
    Not sure if this helps you guys; but worth a try. Developers should say if this the real cause.

    You can find these in the "plug-ins" folder. [C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\plug_ins]

    "HAEvents32.api" is the main culprit. Along that, I removed "Helmant32.api" and "Helmbkmk32.api".

    Note: Delete these files if present anywhere else in the system else they recreate themselves.
    Jittu_Sharma@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    On Nov 16, 7:49am, bill...adobeforums.com wrote:
    > Yes, I don't enabled the plug as per the sdk.
    >
    > Thank you!
    I tried up-issues (Adobe Reader 8.1.2+) and got the same error
    "invalid plugin detected. Adobe Reader will quit".

    I fixed this error by following laborious steps described in the Adobe
    Technical Support Home.
    Not sure if this helps you guys; but worth a try. Developers should
    say if this the real cause.

    You can find these in the "plug-ins" folder. [C:\Program Files\Adobe
    \Reader 9.0\Reader\plug_ins]

    "HAEvents32.api" is the main culprit. Along that, I removed
    "Helmant32.api" and "Helmbkmk32.api".
    Without deleting these two, an error or two might come but still PDF
    will work. I tried all these combinations.

    Note: Delete these files if present anywhere else in the system else
    they recreate themselves.

    Forgive me if this is not a place for kids like me. :) I am not a
    Techie ;) Thanks every one.
    JittuSharma@gmail.com Guest

  15. #15

    Those are NOT standard Adobe plugins...I would contact the author/publisher...
    Leonard_Rosenthol@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    how can i solve this problem and a wanna know this message is related what problem?
    behzad Guest

  17. #17

    Hi, Im a Desktop support engineer. to resolve the issue, located to the Adobe directory on your computer and rename plug_ins to something else, example plug_ins.old. reopen adobe and this will fix your issue as adobe recreates the plug_ins folder.
    Unregistered Guest

  18. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi, Im a Desktop support engineer. to resolve the issue, located to the Adobe directory on your computer and rename plug_ins to something else, example plug_ins.old. reopen adobe and this will fix your issue as adobe recreates the plug_ins folder.
    It works. Thank you
    Unregistered Guest