Professional Web Applications Themes

"The filename or extension is too long" Error when opening Acrobat 6.0 - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I get the same error. It just hangs at the splash screen, taking 100% CPU and then after about an hour I get that error. When I click ok, I get a windows message: acroread32 has caused a system error It happens when I try to open any doent When I try just to open the application it hangs for about 4hrs (hogging CPU) and then reports error: "The path does not exist" I'm running Win2k, and have the latest patches. Any re-installtion/repairs don't change things. I'm installing Acrobat 6.01 Anyone have any ideas ?...

  1. #1

    Default Re: "The filename or extension is too long" Error when opening Acrobat 6.0

    Ray_Quinn@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Talking Re: "The filename or extension is too long" Error when opening Acrobat 6.0

    Long Path Tool deletes/unlocks, copies/renames path too long files/folders
    Do you have error messages?, like :
    Path too long
    Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk
    Cannot delete file: Access is denied
    There has been a sharing violation.
    Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name.
    The source or destination file may be in use.
    The file is in use by another program or user.
    Error Deleting File or Folder
    Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
    Error Copying File or Folder.
    Cannot remove folder.
    The filename or extension is too long.
    Path too deep.
    Destination Path Too Long.
    Could not find this item.
    Filename is not valid.
    The file could not be accessed.
    The path you entered, is too long. Enter a shorter path.
    File Name could not be found. Check the spelling of the filename, and verify that the file location is correct.

    If yes, our progam will be helpful for you. Fix filename too long, filename is too long, too long path and path too long problems forever.

    Windows Explorer/FAR would fail to copy/delete/rename any pathname longer than 256 characters( PATH TOO LONG error ). Our program LONG PATH Tool can handle pathnames of any length, up to the internal Windows limit of 32,000 characters.

    Easy-to-use concept. This small and compact LONG PATH Tool is designed to provide nice, simple interface and a solid amount of options.
    Fast speed of long path folder/files search.
    No special system requirements. LONG PATH Tool works on any Windows version (NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7).
    Delete system locked files
    Can delete files even from mapped network folders
    Can list files and paths which have file path more than 200 characters long.
    Close application that uses the file
    Unload locking process
    Copy and delete files and folders
    Delete after reboot
    Omits file name you specified is not valid or too long
    LIFETIME updates FOR FREE
    Long Path Tool is very useful if you are having problems in deleting, unlocking, copying and even renaming files that are considered filename too long by your system. Yes, these problems can occur even while using the latest Windows Explorer or FAR in managing your files. This tool can help you simplify files names that are categorized as filename too long by your system.
    DuglasKrin Guest

  3. #3

    The errors like Long Path can be easily solved. I had the similar problem and faced it a lot of times. I often solve this type of problems using "Long Path Tool". Try it and it may surely help you.
    EthanGreg Guest

  4. #4

    Long Path Tool can simplify and probably end your problems in unlocking, managing and renaming files that appear to have a long filename.

    Since in some instances, you may have experienced problems accessing, managing and even renaming files that have more than 255 characters, this utility has been made to answer this particular scenario. If you have also encountered problems like error messages that tell you that the path too long, too long path, destination path too long or cannot delete file then this program is definitely for you.

    This will totally take place of Windows Explorer, Far Manager or other file managing utilities since this is maybe used in any type of Operating System even the earliest Windows 95 version.
    [url=http://longpathtool.com/]Long Path Tool[/url]
    Natanvay is offline Junior Member
    Mar 2012
    Location
    bangladesh
    Posts
    1

  5. #5

    Have you ever thought of trying Long Path Tool? I believe that this is the answer to your problem. You have to check it out.
    juliabrin is offline Junior Member
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States