Professional Web Applications Themes

The Most Important Thing I've Found With Flash - Macromedia Flash

Right nyah: this._quality = "best"; Especially when you're exporting stand alone exe's for use on like a CD-ROM, cause if you go over around 3.5MB it'll automatically drop to like "" quality by default. o_O From what I can tell it takes longer to export, but it doesn't affect the size and nor the rendering speed for that matter (although I'm on a fairly speedy system). I'm assuming their "quality" settings are just the form of image resizing (like bilinear/bicubic vs nearest neighbor). Not sure what "best" is using, probably something like Lanczos resizing. -- Onideus Mad Hatter mhm ...

  1. #1

    Default The Most Important Thing I've Found With Flash

    Right nyah: this._quality = "best";

    Especially when you're exporting stand alone exe's for use on like a
    CD-ROM, cause if you go over around 3.5MB it'll automatically drop to
    like "" quality by default. o_O

    From what I can tell it takes longer to export, but it doesn't affect

    --

    Onideus Mad Hatter
    mhm x

  2. #2

    Default Re: Obsessions and OCD

    Onideus Mad Hatter, <net>, whose name means
    "smells of cheese; drug induced mental damage", quarreled:

    Onideus Guest

  3. Moderated Post

    Default Re: I AM NEW !!WEIGHT LOSS REALLY SCARED !!

    Removed by Administrator
    Onideus Guest
    Moderated Post

  4. Moderated Post

    Default Re: The Most Important Thing I've Found With Flash

    Removed by Administrator
    Jay Guest
    Moderated Post

  5. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Onideus Guest
    Moderated Post

  6. #6

    Default Re: depersonalisation and burning

    Onideus Mad Hatter, <net>, whose name means
    "anorexic tranual; researches symptoms of tumors and serious illnesses
    then gets symptoms; never grew up; tells everyone he thinks he has a
    ually transmitted disease but is still a virgin", blubbered:

    Onideus Guest

  7. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Jay Guest
    Moderated Post

  8. #8

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 05:15:52 GMT, "Jay Bab"
    <com> wrote:

    ....oh...I use SwishMax myself.

    --

    Onideus Mad Hatter
    mhm x
    http://www.backwater-productions.net
    Onideus Guest

  9. Moderated Post

    Default Re: Really confused Am I alone?

    Removed by Administrator
    Onideus Guest
    Moderated Post

  10. #10

    In article <com>,
    net says...

    You are aware that the surfer can change the quality of how he views the
    Flash movie on his computer, right? Whatever you set is only the
    default.

    --
    Fly Cooter
    http://fly-cooter.tripod.com

    Fly Guest

  11. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Malkavian Guest
    Moderated Post

  12. #12

    Fly Cooter wrote:

    > You are aware that the surfer can change the quality of how he views the
    > Flash movie on his computer, right? Whatever you set is only the
    > default.
    >[/ref]

    furthermore, not only is he using the deprecated embed tag, in order to
    attain "best" in HTML, you need to set it in the param tags. So he isnt
    actually getting it at "best" anyway. Not to mention the fact that there
    is absolutly no justifiable reason to have THAT at best quality. A high
    res photo with zoom, maybe, but certianly not that.

    --
    Mimic

    "The man who awaits the rising of the sun, cannot wait forever."
    [email: ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ==]
    Help Stop Spam - www.hidemyemail.net
    Mimic Guest

  13. #13

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:47:28 +0100, Mimic <devnull> wrote:

    >> You are aware that the surfer can change the quality of how he views the
    >> Flash movie on his computer, right? Whatever you set is only the
    >> default.
    >>[/ref][/ref]

    WRONG!

    I'm not useing ANY HTML you in RETARD:
    http://www.backwater-productions.net/_test_platform/nocode.swf

    WRONG!

    You need to set it IN the Flash file itself as an onload function like
    nyah:
    onLoad () { this._quality = "best"; }

    Stupid in poser, DUMBASS.

  14. #14

    Onideus Mad Hatter wrote: [/ref]

    > WRONG!
    >
    > I'm not useing ANY HTML you in RETARD:
    > http://www.backwater-productions.net/_test_platform/nocode.swf
    >

    > WRONG!
    >
    > You need to set it IN the Flash file itself as an onload function like
    > nyah:
    > onLoad () { this._quality = "best"; }
    >
    > Stupid in poser, DUMBASS.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Onideus Mad Hatter
    > mhm x
    > http://www.backwater-productions.net[/ref]

    Oh Im sorry, I foolishly mistook this for HTML:

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "W3C s//DTD Farfoos//EN"
    "http://www.backwater-productions.net/farfoos.dtd">
    <head>
    <title>Backwater Productions</title>
    cht=windows-1252">
    cutting edge website design including streaming video solutions and
    perfect liquid web design.">

    Website Design, Graphic Design">
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
    src="detect.js"></script>
    </head>
    if (OS == "Windows")
    {
    sheight = (doent.doentElement.offsetHeight - 424) / 2;
    swidth = (doent.doentElement.offsetWidth - 760) / 2;
    }
    else if (OS == "Mac" && browser == "IE")
    {
    dawidth = self.screen.width;
    if (dawidth == "1024")
    {
    sheight = 459;
    swidth = 302;
    }
    else
    {
    sheight = 0;
    swidth = 0;
    alert("IE for the Mac has no jscript positioning so the site
    will be displayed in the upper left hand corner.")
    }
    }
    else
    {
    sheight = (self.innerHeight - 424) / 2;
    swidth = (self.innerWidth - 760) / 2;
    }
    doent.write("<embed style='position:absolute;
    top:"+sheight+"px; left:"+swidth+"px'
    type='application/x-shockwave-flash'
    pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' width='760'
    height='424' src='main.swf'>");
    </script>

    <noscript>
    http://www.backwater-productions.net/carebears
    http://www.backwater-productions.net/npindex/index.php

    http://www.backwater-productions.net/wwcc/yoga-online
    http://staff.wwcc.edu/steve.shoemake/website/anatomy1/tutorials/movements
    http://staff.wwcc.edu/steve.shoemake/website/anatomy1/tutorials/terms
    http://www.backwater-productions.net/wwcc/cell-biology
    http://www.backwater-productions.net/wwcc/histology-1
    </b></font>
    </noscript>

    My mistake.
    Oh and by the way, when you incorporate flash into a HTML doent like
    you have, using quality=best, then yes, you need it in both the swf and
    the htm files as I already pointed out to you.

    --
    Mimic

    "The man who awaits the rising of the sun, cannot wait forever."
    [email: ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ==]
    Help Stop Spam - www.hidemyemail.net
    Mimic Guest

  15. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator