Professional Web Applications Themes

The page cannot be displayed - ASP Components

Hi All: I am developing a web site using ASP as server side scripting language. when i browse(veiw) the page in internet explorer(IE) i am not able to see errors, if there is any coding error in the asp page it shows the The page cannot be displayed message. do i need to do any setting in my browser(IE) or my Internet Information Server(IIS) please help this is very urgent i posted this message to other forums too but still did not get any answer. thanks pankaj...

  1. #1

    Default The page cannot be displayed

    Hi All:

    I am developing a web site using ASP as server side scripting language.

    when i browse(veiw) the page in internet explorer(IE)

    i am not able to see errors,
    if there is any coding error in the asp page
    it shows the
    The page cannot be displayed
    message.

    do i need to do any setting in my browser(IE)

    or my Internet Information Server(IIS)

    please help
    this is very urgent
    i posted this message to other forums too but still did not get any answer.

    thanks
    pankaj

    pankaj Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: The page cannot be displayed

    "pankaj" <pankajjhahotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All:
    >
    > I am developing a web site using ASP as server side scripting language.
    >
    > when i browse(veiw) the page in internet explorer(IE)
    >
    > i am not able to see errors,
    > if there is any coding error in the asp page
    > it shows the
    > The page cannot be displayed
    > message.
    >
    > do i need to do any setting in my browser(IE)
    >
    > or my Internet Information Server(IIS)

    Try IE tools-internet options - advanced. Make sure the two "show
    friendly.." options for browsing are NOT checked.

    HTH.

    Flash

    [url]www.flashgorman.com[/url]

    flashgorman Guest

  3. #3

    Hello,
    I have a strange problem with ColdFusion.

    I have a Textarea within I fill a text (about 1100 characters). Then I push
    the submit button.
    Everything work good.
    But, If I add the character '<' or '>' or '&' (I haven't test with all
    specials characters) at the end of the textarea, when I submit the form I
    receive (after a long time) the message "The page cannot be displayed".

    Why?
    I'am working with a proxy. Is it possible that the proxy stop the page?

    Thanks in advance.

    jack456 Guest

  4. #4

    I am unable to reproduce the problem. Did you get an error number on that page? Like a 404 or 405 error?
    jdeline Guest

  5. #5

    First, thanks to answer.

    In fact I have no error message. Juste a blank page after a while and after a
    message saying "the page cannot be displayed".
    But sometimes it's work fine! That's depend of the text I put in the
    "textarea".
    I try to use FuseBox3 (But I don't think the problem com from there).
    Strange isn't it. I think the problem must come from the server or something
    like that but not from the coldfusion code.

    jack456 Guest

  6. #6

    Hello,

    I have a TEXTAREA in a cfm page.
    I don't have a "maxLength" attribute in it.
    When I enter a very long string I often receive the message : The page cannot
    be displayed
    Why? Any idea?

    PS : I am working with Coldfusion 6.1.0.83762

    jack456 Guest

  7. #7

    If you are using Internet Explorer try turning off the "Show Friendly HTTP
    Error Messages" options so you can see the real error message. Does your form
    use the POST or GET method? If it uses GET it is possible the header length is
    too long and you need to use POST. That's just a guess though without seeing
    some code.

    mxstu Guest

  8. #8

    My "Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages" option is turning off and I use a POST method.
    This problem drive me crazy!!!

    Thanks anyway for the answer.
    jack456 Guest

  9. #9

    What version of Internet Explorer are you using? At approx what number of characters does the error occur? Does the error occur with other browsers?
    mxstu Guest

  10. #10

    I think this is the problem regarding the database table column length. If you
    are trying to save the textarea data into database then it is possible that
    your textarea data length is greater than the length defined for column in the
    table. Please check this.

    reenaroy Guest

  11. #11

    Hi
    I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution to this?
    In my case the problem is with dash characters, if I remove/re-type some of the dash (-) charaters the form will submit. If the dashes remain the form will not submit, the brower thinks for a while and then finally displays the 'page cannot be displayed' message. Even with friendly HTTP messages turned off I am not shown any error codes. My site is using CF9 and IIS7. My form is using POST. I have use HTTP Header plugins for the browser and the browser never reaches the submit page, it gets stuck in between.
    This has stumped me for a few days now. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Unregistered Guest