Professional Web Applications Themes

There was an error reading this doent (109) - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I think I've read just about every post on this forum and everywhere else on the web regarding these problems. It seams that alot of users are having the same problems reading error (109) saving error (105). My current config is a clients machine XP SP1, Office XP all SP's loaded, Acrobat 6.0.2 was just loaded and still the same error. If error checking is an enhancement of v6.0 well it's not a good enhancement because you can not get work done because of these problems! Does Adobe tech support read these posts? We the general public need a solution ...

  1. #1

    Default There was an error reading this doent (109)

    I think I've read just about every post on this forum and everywhere else on the web regarding these problems. It seams that alot of users are having the same problems reading error (109) saving error (105). My current config is a clients machine XP SP1, Office XP all SP's loaded, Acrobat 6.0.2 was just loaded and still the same error. If error checking is an enhancement of v6.0 well it's not a good enhancement because you can not get work done because of these problems! Does Adobe tech support read these posts? We the general public need a solution to this problem. If the file is pulled of a web server and the file is corrupt well that's not our problem, we still need to be able to pull the file edit as needed and save it. Saving it locally, renaming it still does not solve the problem. We need a solution, someone must have a workaround.
    Paul_Marsh@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: There was an error reading this doent (109)

    Hey Paul,

    Here's what PeopleSoft technicians are telling me about this error.

    It appears that some Crystal reports have been set up with fonts that are not available on my corporate PC. When ADOBE Reader see's this font, it can't apply and I get the message: There was a problem reading this doent (109).

    see solution below, hope this is helpful.

    We have been able to work on two reports APY1405 and APY1406 in a previous incident (654603001 which was in bundle #6). We found the reports used font Helvetica (PCL6) for some fields. The font was changed to Arial (Western), then reports displayed ok using Adobe Reader 6. Making the whole report use the same font for this one situation worked. We have not been able to correct APY2050 in the same way that these two previous reports were corrected. (Core also assisted on this issue). Customer will either have to continue using Adobe 5.0 or use the report output of RPT to see this report.
    Doug_Nordin@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Doug:

    Thank you very much for your post. At least I now have an idea as to what's going on. I would hope that Adobe is paying attention to this problem and will release a fix for it. I guess the best solution is to have my client roll back to version 5.0 until a fix comes out.

    Again thank you for the info.
    Paul_Marsh@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Paul,

    I would hope that Adobe is paying attention to this problem and will release
    a fix for it...

    Not unless someone tells them they won't - but, in any case, what Doug posted makes me think that the fault lies with Crystal and not Adobe - Crystal should have embedded the fonts in the pdf or used fonts that are on every PC or Mac so anybody could read them.

    Arthur
    none@none.com Guest

  5. #5

    Arthur:

    Can you tell me how I contact Adobe about this problem without subscribing to a yearly tech support? I'm not too happy about having to pay for the software and then paying for tech support when the problem is in there software. This is a known problem that is posted all over the net, they need to fix the problem or post a work around. I'm not sure if the problem lies in Crystal because I don't know how the many pdf that have this problem where generated in the first place.

    Thanx, Paul
    Paul_Marsh@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Paul,

    Follow the "contact us" link at the top of the page.

    Arthur
    none@none.com Guest

  7. #7

    Can you tell me how I contact Adobe

    Use Contact Us. It's right at the top of every Adobe web site page: <http://www.adobe.com/misc/comments.html>
    Gary_A.@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Been there done that, tech support costs $
    Paul_Marsh@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    You can use "report a bug" or "feature request" but yes, if you want 1-to-1 technical support you have to pay.
    Gary_A.@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Thats right and I love the statement on report a bug. Customer service at it's best.
    Paul_Marsh@adobeforums.com Guest