Professional Web Applications Themes

THIS FORUM WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT - Macromedia Contribute Connection Administrtion

There is no community to answer questions, just a few newbies just willing to answer the most elementary questions to other newbies that are too lazy to rtfm. It's a pity for such an interesting product......

  1. #1

    Default THIS FORUM WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT

    There is no community to answer questions, just a few newbies just willing to
    answer the most elementary questions to other newbies that are too lazy to rtfm.

    It's a pity for such an interesting product...

    wewfwefq2 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: THIS FORUM WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT

    Instead of complaining about it, why don't you become part of the solution?

    Contribute just doesn't have a wide user base out there. Also, the forums
    probably aren't well publicized in the Contribute doentation.

    Remember, these forums, typically don't have Adobe employees monitoring
    them. It's just us, fellow users, who do take the time to try and answer a
    question.

    If you aren't happy with that, then you can contact Adobe directly with your
    issues.

    "wewfwefq2" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > There is no community to answer questions, just a few newbies just willing
    > answer the most elementary questions to other newbies that are too lazy to
    > rtfm.
    >
    > It's a pity for such an interesting product...

    xtra Guest

  3. #3

    [q]
    Instead of complaining about it, why don't you become part of the solution?
    [/q]

    [url]http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3Acliche[/url]

    [q]
    Contribute just doesn't have a wide user base out there. Also, the forums
    probably aren't well publicized in the Contribute doentation.
    [/q]

    That is a problem of Adobe and not mine.

    [q]
    Remember, these forums, typically don't have Adobe employees monitoring them.
    [/q]

    They should because they simply haven't reached critical mass yet or never
    will without a push from their creator.

    [q]
    If you aren't happy with that, then you can contact Adobe directly with your
    issues.
    [/q]

    What do you think I'm doing with this post? Isn't it obvious? No offense but
    the question is what are u doing with your post?

    wewfwefq2 Guest

  4. #4

    Trying to show you that there's more to life than complaining... but it
    obviously went past you... good luck...

  5. #5

    On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 15:19:54 +0000 (UTC), "wewfwefq2"
    <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote:
    >There is no community to answer questions, just a few newbies just willing to
    >answer the most elementary questions to other newbies that are too lazy to rtfm.
    >
    > It's a pity for such an interesting product...
    Correct, this group is apparently frequented mostly by CT end-users.
    You might want to ask in the DW group and I would leave your sarcasm
    at the door.
    Mister Mustard Guest

  6. #6

    We are starting to have more and more serious firewall issues with out clients.
    I had another one today. Their firewalls are preventing Contribute 4 from
    accessing their website ... and they are having to do all their updating at
    home. I would like to know who to ask about this problem, other than the people
    in this group. How do we contact Adobe about these serious issues? I'm not
    angry, I'm just frustrated.

    Do I have to pay a fee to get this kind of information? Shouldn't there be a
    tech note about firewalls and Contribute?

    Marje Guest

  7. #7

    Since you posted twice, here's my post to you.

    Make sure you've read the Tech note for users behind Cisco firewalls - if it
    applies to your case [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/fc1a435a[/url]. You need to pick which
    version of the file - either for mac or pc machines and then replace the
    NetioFTP.dll file in the contribute program folder.

    Also if you can try asking your network admins to create a port for you to FTP
    through, instead of using the default port 21. You can configure in Contribute
    to use a port either than that one. Make sure that your clients aren't running
    a software firewall in addition, like zonealarm that is intentionally blocking
    FTP traffic.

    Make sure you've read this tech note for [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/kb400144[/url]
    When I set my FTP settings from the default of "let contribute automatically
    detect FTP settings" and instead "Choose FTP settings manually". Also click for
    "Use Passive FTP" -+ "Use FTP performance optimizer and Use alternative publish
    method".

    Other troubleshooting tips:
    [url]http://www.adobe.com/go/kb400144[/url]
    FTP Server Checker (TechNote 19012).