Professional Web Applications Themes

This week's work! - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Hi group! Here's what we've accomplished this week.. Filters' class : [url]http://www.pbase.com/carbone/filters_lesson4[/url] Photoshop Elements : [url]http://www.pbase.com/carbone/elements2_lesson4[/url] Enjoy :) Ray...

  1. #1

    Default This week's work!

    Hi group!

    Here's what we've accomplished this week..

    Filters' class : [url]http://www.pbase.com/carbone/filters_lesson4[/url]
    Photoshop Elements : [url]http://www.pbase.com/carbone/elements2_lesson4[/url]

    Enjoy :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: This week's work!

    Ray, some great stuff there! Please tell us how you did the exposure
    setting for the Photomerge; did you 'freeze' the exposure values across all
    the images in order to avoid the telltale areas of different exposure?

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  3. #3

    Very nice ! Love that guinea pig ....I see PS7 loaned some space on the box for that ;)

    Classes look like fun. You seem to be doing very well. R U graded in these classes ? I give ya an A+ ;)
    Jodi Frye Guest

  4. #4

    Chuck,

    Unfortunately, no, I completely forgot to switch the cam to manual...
    (People, please, hit me hard so that I learn the lesson!). So, I balanced
    them using level adjustment layers, seperately, untill it seemed to blend
    "normally". If you look closely, on the bottom part, in the middle, you'll
    see I had to improvise to make the blending more nature (blur, clone,
    colorize, etc.) The left side is a little lighter, that's because the sky
    wasn't covered equally. Sun light was almost getting through.

    Overall, I was proud enough that I printed it. It gave me a wonderfull 4 x
    10 - like an APS camera!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks Jodi!

    There's no grade for these classes. However, we are receiving certificates
    only if we complete successfully all the exercises (and extra works). Even
    more, it's recognized as an educational institution so we have access to
    academic prices for some softwares. That's cool for the US students.

    For the PS7 box, I thought of first using my own box of cereals, but...
    since I'm currently having Shreded weats, the box is brown (in Canada that
    is), and my guinea pig wouldn't have contrasted enough. Thought of
    discoloring him, but... he's so sweet, I just couldn't hurt his feelings :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  6. #6

    Chuck,

    My friend Rick has Canon EOS IX. It's discontinued, but it's an APS SLR
    film camera, using my EOS 10D lenses (EF system). I buy the lenses, he use
    them ;) It has all the modes I have on my Elan 7e (manual, semi-assisted
    and green zones modes), a flash hot shoe, remote control, etc.

    With 100 ASA film, it used to do very nice pictures, much like this one.
    But, Kodak and Fuji (the leaders in APS films) have discontinued this
    sensitivity. Nowadays, we can only find 200 and 400, whereas we could find
    100, 200, 400 and 800 one year ago.

    Prior to that, he had a Fuji APS. We couldn't throw it fast enough to the
    trash can. Moved to Canon (as per my continued insistence!) and loved the
    results! Then, he moved to this SLR (as per, again, my insistence!). Next
    move, I'm trying to have him switch for my Elan 7e (for the better choice of
    films).

    If you're curious about the EOS IX, go check it at :
    [url]http://www.pbase.com/carbone/misc[/url] (the two last pictures)

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  7. #7

    I don't know what other company did that but Canon were not alone. They
    realized that this camera was too small and too heavy and that APS reached
    its limit, discontinued it a few years after its initial launch (I believe
    two years). They launched a Lite edition later, but never had success.
    They discontinued their line of APS SLR for good. Nowadays, their Point &
    Shoot models are quite impressive. Within the limit of APS format, that is
    (over ISO 100 you start to see grain in regular format picture, not to
    mention extensive grain in 4 x 10). We found this beauty on E-Bay.

    Short story : we bougth it two weeks prior to leaving for France, last year.
    The guy selling this camera was kind enough to ship it before receiving the
    payment! He was a pro photographer and when he saw my current camera sets,
    he must have figured I was serious. We received it in time for a quick test
    trial, and we were able to leave for Paris with it, knowing the quality of
    pictures we'd get in return! There is still honnest and trusting people :)

    Ray

    Ray Guest