Professional Web Applications Themes

Thoth and Multiple Server Connections - Mac Applications & Software

My news provider allows up to 8 connections. Is there anyway to configure Thoth to increase beyond 3? Secondly it seems that newsreading in general lags behind the bandwith I'm able to achieve while browsing. Whereas I can achieve anywhere from 350 mps and up while browsing, I rarely see speeds over 150 mps while downloading news. -- "All music is folk music. I ain't never heard no horse sing a song." - Louis Armstrong...

  1. #1

    Default Thoth and Multiple Server Connections

    --
    "All music is folk music. I ain't never heard no horse sing a song."

    - Louis Armstrong
    Mark Edwards Guest

  3. #3

    Default Re: Thoth and Multiple Server Connections

    * Mark Edwards <fremen24comcast.net>:
    > My news provider allows up to 8 connections. Is there anyway to
    > configure Thoth to increase beyond 3?

    try posting this question to news.software.readers

    -LL
    Lou Lesko Guest

  4. #4

  5. #5

    In article <280620030732552064%fremen24comcast.net>,
    Mark Edwards <fremen24comcast.net> wrote:
    > My news provider allows up to 8 connections. Is there anyway to
    > configure Thoth to increase beyond 3?
    At this time, Thoth only supports a maximum of 4 connections per server.
    You enable that 4th in the News Server Settings window by checking "Let
    Queued Transfers Use All Connections".

    Depending on how your service provider caps things - ip total vs per
    connection, is whether or not the 4 connections would be limiting.

    > Secondly it seems that newsreading in general lags behind the
    > bandwith I'm able to achieve while browsing. Whereas I can achieve
    > anywhere from 350 mps and up while browsing, I rarely see speeds over
    > 150 mps while downloading news.
    Don't go by the numbers reported by Thoth. They're wonky. Use a
    seperate gizmo, like IPNetMonitor (fm [url]http://www.sustworks.com/[/url]).

    HTH,
    - Dan.
    --