I wonder if anyone could provide some thoughts/examples on failover.

I have two servers, both of which are used to run the same flash comm app - A
lobby of users (but both servers running different instances of the flash comm
app, to spread the load balance). Which server the user gets conected to is
not determined by me, it could be one of the two.

Both instances need to seem like one single application to the user. So
talking to each other between servers, using proxied shared objects. However,
if one server fails, then all users need to be switched to the other instance
on the one working server. This means both servers need to contain information
about each others status.

Any thoughts? and does this make sense?

cheers