Professional Web Applications Themes

Thumbnail images - how do I create them? - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I am used to working in Frontpage, where creating thumbnails from full-size images is pretty straightforward. How can I do it in Dramweaver? I can't find anything about it in the Help section or in my books. Thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default Thumbnail images - how do I create them?

    I am used to working in Frontpage, where creating thumbnails from full-size images is pretty straightforward. How can I do it in Dramweaver? I can't find anything about it in the Help section or in my books. Thanks!

    ellenspot Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Thumbnail images - how do I create them?

    ellenspot:

    Use Fireworks, or Photoshop, or PaintShop Pro., or MacPaint. DW is for HTML
    authoring only.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "ellenspot" <com> wrote in message
    full-size images is pretty straightforward. How can I do it in Dramweaver? I
    can't find anything about it in the Help section or in my books. Thanks!

    Murray Guest

  3. #3

    There is a Thumbnail Builder extension command by Joseph Lowery ... but I
    can't remember where it came from ... try a google search. It needs
    Fireworks though.... and JustSo Picture Window, another extension by E.
    Michael Brandt. To quote:
    "Thumbnail Builder creates a thumbnail from a selected image, replaces the
    original image with the thumbnail and then creates a link to the larger
    image. Thumbnail size may be specified by the width, height or percentage. A
    variety of border attributes (HTML, bevel and drop shadow) are available).
    The original image can appear in the current browser window or, if you have
    E. Michael Brandt's Just So Picture Window installed, in it's own window."
    Eleanor

    "Murray *TMM*" <com> wrote in message
    HTML
    > full-size images is pretty straightforward. How can I do it in Dramweaver?[/ref]

    >[/ref]

    E. Guest

  4. #4

    Thank you. But let's say I have a page with 25 photos on it. I want them to appear on the page as thumbnails, maybe 100 pixels wide. I certainly can't create 25 new pages in DW, one for each picture, so that the large image can reside on its own page.

    I thought I was upgrading when I switched from Frontpage to DW4, but this is a feature I will really miss! IN FP, you just insert your photo at its regular size and then click "create thumbnail," specify the size, and there you go.

    Thanks for your suggestions. I just can't believe that this isn't a feature of DW! EVERYONE puts thumbnails on their site if they're using large images or groups of them.

    ellenspot Guest

  5. #5

    Place all your images in one file and then link from the thumbnail directly to the image ( Not an image on a page) and when you click on the thumbnail the image will appear. this will cut down on slow loading image pages
    stevo

    lostaussie Guest

  6. #6

    All you have to do is maybe go to "Command" on your menu then select
    "create photo album". You can do it with fireworks.

    In article <bg7bqf$5dg$macromedia.com>, <
    com> wrote:

    Denny Guest