Professional Web Applications Themes

Thumbnails - Adobe Photoshop 7, CS, CS2 & CS3

What a helpful person cheesefood is.......prat!!! Ifv your thumbnails were saved in an earlier version of PS they may not open so you will need to open them and resave. Try opening one and see if a profile mismatch notice comes up. Richard...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Thumbnails

    What a helpful person cheesefood is.......prat!!!

    Ifv your thumbnails were saved in an earlier version of PS they may not open so you will need to open them and resave. Try opening one and see if a profile mismatch notice comes up.
    Richard
    Richard Walkley Guest

  2. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Cheesefood Guest

  3. #3

    what's a prat? is that like a git?
    dave milbut Guest

  4. #4

    A prat is just someone who is stupid. A git is a bad person [who is probably stupid too].
    </English lesson>
    Colin Walls Guest

  5. #5

    What's an English? ;)
    dave milbut Guest

  6. #6

    The English are a rich mixture of prats and gits, with just a few fine upstanding people among them. [Guess my nationality ... :-> ]
    Colin Walls Guest

  7. #7

    Dutch?
    YrbkMgr Guest

  8. #8

    Hessian?
    dave milbut Guest

  9. #9

    If I were Dutch, I'm sure I'd have this view. [I have some Dutch friends ...]
    Colin Walls Guest

  10. #10

    Colin

    Are you a Klingon?

    Dave Hamer Guest

  11. #11

    No, but some mornings, when I look in the mirror, I wonder if I have some Klingon blood in my ancestry. Would explain my short temper ...
    Colin Walls Guest

  12. #12

    Is anyone else going to reply to the original question or is this thread just going to decsend to a argument on semantics?
    Richard
    Richard Walkley Guest

  13. #13

    Richard:
    We're just playing while we wait for Walter to respond to you. Sorry.
    Colin Walls Guest

  14. #14

    Ok Colin
    I was just hoping that someone had an alternative answer in case I get a similar problem in future that has a different cause
    Richard
    Richard Walkley Guest

  15. #15

    Default Thumbnails

    Is there a shortcut to create thumbnails? The only way I can find is to rezise the image and export it with a different name. This requires several steps and takes quite a bit of time. Other programs like PhotoDraw have a shortcut where this can be done with one mouse click.

    Does anybody know a way to accomplish this in FX?

    Thanks
    Claus

    cjobes webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  16. #16

    You can use the the Batch Process command (under the File menu) in
    Fireworks, and specify "Scale to Size" or "Scale to Fit Area". The
    differenence being:

    Scale to Size scales images to the exact width and height you specify.
    Scale to Fit Area makes images fit proportionally with the maximum width
    and height range you specify.

    This will allow you to specify source and destination directories for your
    files.

    If there is something in particular you don't like about the steps, you can
    save the batch process as a script and edit/customize it to your needs.

    If you have Dreamweaver MX you can use Commands> Create Web Photo Album,
    which will call Fireworks to create the thumbnails and also generate a
    gallery page of thumbnails and the full size view of the images.

    Hope that helps.

    Cheers,
    Sam

    "cjobes" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a shortcut to create thumbnails? The only way I can find is to
    rezise the image and export it with a different name. This requires several
    steps and takes quite a bit of time. Other programs like PhotoDraw have a
    shortcut where this can be done with one mouse click.

    > Does anybody know a way to accomplish this in FX?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Claus

    Sam Poikail Guest

  17. #17

    Did anyone ever really have an answer to this bug? I tried re-saving the files in Photoshop 7.0.1 but I still have the same problem. I'm running WIN2K with all service packs and updates installed. The problem is as follows, when in Windows File explorer, I only see the JPG icon, eventhough I have "Thumbnails" selected. Thanks in advance for your help.

    Mike M.
    keeweechic Guest

  18. #18

    "The English" or "Englishers" is what the Amish here call everyone who isn't Amish or of very obvious Swiss or German heritage.
    Phosphor Guest

  19. #19

    I do save all my pictures "for web" in PhotoShop first.
    To create thumbnails, I just draw a small frame and insert the picture.
    Is this wrong?
    Should I create the actual little thumbnail in Photoshop first and then put
    that picture on the page and use the other pix for the hyperlink?
    Or does it make a difference as far as loading speed?
    I still use Pub 2000 - I am happy with this version and do not want to
    upgrade.

    Lizzzet Guest

  20. #20

    I recommend doing both the thumbnail and the original in a photo editor,
    sized as needed and at an appropriate resolution.

    --
    David Bartosik - MS MVP
    for Publisher help:

    "Lizzzet" <LizzzetNOCAPSdc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I do save all my pictures "for web" in PhotoShop first.
    > To create thumbnails, I just draw a small frame and insert the picture.
    > Is this wrong?
    > Should I create the actual little thumbnail in Photoshop first and then
    put
    > that picture on the page and use the other pix for the hyperlink?
    > Or does it make a difference as far as loading speed?
    > I still use Pub 2000 - I am happy with this version and do not want to
    > upgrade.

    David Bartosik MS MVP Guest