Professional Web Applications Themes

Time Trial Periods - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hello All: I am a new member and have a trial on Dreamweaver MX whihc grants me 30 days. I have just found out that it does not give you a 24 or 10 hr day but you can be on for 10 mins and the next day when you restart you have used a whole day. Is ther a legal way or option where if you have to stop using this product for 2 or 3 days that you will not be charged for using those missed days. Of course it is based on the system clock and they ...

  1. #1

    Default Time Trial Periods

    Hello All:
    I am a new member and have a trial on Dreamweaver MX whihc grants me 30 days. I have just found out that it does not give you a 24 or 10 hr day but you can be on for 10 mins and the next day when you restart you have used a whole day. Is ther a legal way or option where if you have to stop using this product for 2 or 3 days that you will not be charged for using those missed days. Of course it is based on the system clock and they warn you that the trial mechanissm is very sensitive to that clock. Thanks, sincerely, Rick

    rjkbright webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Time Trial Periods

    Rick:

    Nope. There is no way to change this algorithm that I know of....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "rjkbright" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hello All:
    > I am a new member and have a trial on Dreamweaver MX whihc grants me 30
    days. I have just found out that it does not give you a 24 or 10 hr day
    but you can be on for 10 mins and the next day when you restart you have
    used a whole day. Is ther a legal way or option where if you have to stop
    using this product for 2 or 3 days that you will not be charged for using
    those missed days. Of course it is based on the system clock and they warn
    you that the trial mechanissm is very sensitive to that clock. Thanks,
    sincerely, Rick

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    the 30 FREE trial version works for 30 days- from time of install/startup to
    when it times out.

    In other words- Even if you don't start up dreamweaver again.....- in 31
    days it will expire.

    It's to make a purchasing decision, 30 days should be enough time to see if
    it will meet your needs.
    > Hello All:
    > I am a new member and have a trial on Dreamweaver MX whihc grants me 30 days.
    > I have just found out that it does not give you a 24 or 10 hr day but you
    > can be on for 10 mins and the next day when you restart you have used a whole
    > day. Is ther a legal way or option where if you have to stop using this
    > product for 2 or 3 days that you will not be charged for using those missed
    > days. Of course it is based on the system clock and they warn you that the
    > trial mechanissm is very sensitive to that clock. Thanks, sincerely, Rick

    Certified Dreamweaver MX Developer

    Alan Ames Guest

  4. #4

    Dear Sir: Thanks for the answer. However, to me this is quite an extensive product and the book that I have is very good but also has time periods associated with each chapter. So not to beat a dead horse; is there another alternative.. For instance can I PURCHASE an extension on my trial period. Thank you, rick

    rjkbright webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    In article <bf4hrj$oc0$1forums.macromedia.com>, <
    [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email]> wrote:
    > Dear Sir: Thanks for the answer. However, to me this is quite an extensive
    > product and the book that I have is very good but also has time periods
    > associated with each chapter. So not to beat a dead horse; is there
    > another alternative.. For instance can I PURCHASE an extension on my trial
    > period. Thank you, rick
    Sorry Rick, but that's not an option for our demo software right now-
    although it's definitely an interesting one. We currently offer only
    30-day demo versions.

    -Scott
    Macromedia, Inc.
    Scott Fegette Guest