Professional Web Applications Themes

Title bar images? Untouchable images? - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

hey, im quite new (well, very) 2 dreamweaver and website design. I need to know how to make "untouchable" images, that you can place text over. Do i need to make a css style sheet? i looked at a webpage that did what i wanted, and in the css panel there was something about background...... please help someone! im only a noob! Please please email me back on [email]contactwobblemation.co.uk[/email] Alex Burgess [url]http://www.wobblemation.co.uk[/url] :beer;...

  1. #1

    Default Title bar images? Untouchable images?

    hey, im quite new (well, very) 2 dreamweaver and website design. I need to know
    how to make "untouchable" images, that you can place text over. Do i need to
    make a css style sheet? i looked at a webpage that did what i wanted, and in
    the css panel there was something about background...... please help someone!
    im only a noob! Please please email me back on
    [email]contactwobblemation.co.uk[/email]

    Alex Burgess
    [url]http://www.wobblemation.co.uk[/url] :beer;

    Soft Revolution Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Title bar images? Untouchable images?

    Take a break and go study HTML and CSS. Without a familiarity with these
    two methods, your learning curve for DW will be astonishingly steep, as you
    jump from one mystery to another.

    What is an "untouchable" image?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    "Soft Revolution" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > hey, im quite new (well, very) 2 dreamweaver and website design. I need to
    > know
    > how to make "untouchable" images, that you can place text over. Do i need
    > make a css style sheet? i looked at a webpage that did what i wanted, and
    > in
    > the css panel there was something about background...... please help
    > someone!
    > im only a noob! Please please email me back on
    > [email]contactwobblemation.co.uk[/email]
    >
    > Alex Burgess
    > [url]http://www.wobblemation.co.uk[/url] :beer;

    Murray *ACE* Guest

  3. #3

    well, for instance i want to use an image as a banner, but i dont want it to
    firstly easily be copied to desktop etc, and secondly, i want to be able to
    write over it... I want to achieve the effect that the site bebo. Go to
    [url]http://Any-Colour-U-Like.bebo.com[/url] , and look at the blue banners at the top of
    each box. They are all jpg's, and you can highlight the text within them

    ok, i know i need to learn, quite a lot, but how do u surgest i do this? I no
    extremely little

    Alex Burgess

    Soft Revolution Guest

  4. #4

    > well, for instance i want to use an image as a banner, but i dont want it
    > firstly easily be copied to desktop
    That's easy. You can't prevent this.
    > write over it
    Make the image the background of a table cell, a div, or a layer.
    > ok, i know i need to learn, quite a lot, but how do u surgest i do this? I
    > no
    > extremely little
    Yes. Familiarity with HTML will help you to ask the questions, and to
    understand the answers.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    > well, for instance i want to use an image as a banner, but i dont want it
    > firstly easily be copied to desktop etc, and secondly, i want to be able
    > write over it... I want to achieve the effect that the site bebo. Go to
    > [url]http://Any-Colour-U-Like.bebo.com[/url] , and look at the blue banners at the
    > top of
    > each box. They are all jpg's, and you can highlight the text within them
    >
    > ok, i know i need to learn, quite a lot, but how do u surgest i do this? I
    > no
    > extremely little
    >
    > Alex Burgess

    Murray *ACE* Guest

  5. #5

    ok, how do i make it the background of a cell using dreamweaver 8? thanks 4 ur patience...

    Alex Burgess
    Soft Revolution Guest

  6. #6

    Create a CSS rule like this -

    td.special { background-image:url(whatever/whatever.gif); }

    and then make your cell's markup look like this -

    either by manually changing the code, or by clicking in the cell, right
    clicking on the <td> that is selected on the QuickTag Selector region at the
    bottom of the doent window, selecting "Set Class", and then select
    "special" from the list.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    Adobe Community Expert

    > ok, how do i make it the background of a cell using dreamweaver 8? thanks
    > 4 ur patience...
    >
    > Alex Burgess

    Murray *ACE* Guest