Note that it doesn't work with all browsers. HTH, -- Thierry [url]http://www.MadCoWWWebDesign.com/go/quizz.htm[/url] | Frames Quiz The link below is for IE5+/Win32/1024+ users *only*. [url]http://www.MadCoWWWebDesign.com/go/?2[/url] | Frames Tutorial "wizard341" wrote in message news:bfrlh8$iq5$1@forums.macromedia.com...[quote] > Currently im having trouble getting a title to display (the one all the[/quote] way up on your screen) using a frame. Ive entered the title name on the page of course, and in Dreamweaver it even shows the title correctly, yet when i look at the page with my webbrowser, it still says " untitled document".[quote] > > My page looks like this, a side frame that acts as a menu, and then a main[/quote] page where the content is displayed. However, instead of calling just the content, some instances require me to call a new frame with the content.[quote] > > For example,say i have two content pages named bobs page1 and bobs page 2,[/quote] and it has two nav menus stored as frames, bob menu 1 and bob menu 2. Then i have two Frame pages, which link bobs page1 and bob menu 1, as well as bobs page 2 and bob menu 2. Normally i would simply call bob page 2 or bob page 1 to switch pages, but when i try to call the frame page that links them (namly something like FrameBob1) it messes up with that title.[quote] > > Am i making any sense? Please tell me if you dont understand. But[/quote] hopefully someone can sort out my issues.[quote] > >[/quote] [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => Thierry Koblentz [ip] => thierry@remove. [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 1 [islastshown] => [isfirstshown] => 1 [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Titles with frames - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Titles with frames - Macromedia Dreamweaver

By default, the title that shows corresponds to the doent loaded in the browser - with frames it is the frameset (the one holding your frames together). You need to include the following between the HEAD tags of the doent after the TITLE container: <script language="javascript"> <!-- top.doent.title = doent.title; //--> </script> Note that it doesn't work with all browsers. HTH, -- Thierry [url]http://www.MadCoWWWebDesign.com/go/quizz.htm[/url] | Frames Quiz The link below is for IE5+/Win32/1024+ users *only*. [url]http://www.MadCoWWWebDesign.com/go/?2[/url] | Frames Tutorial "wizard341" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message news:bfrlh8$iq5$1forums.macromedia.com... > Currently im having trouble getting a title to display (the one all the way ...

Default Re: Titles with frames

By default, the title that shows corresponds to the doent loaded in the
    browser - with frames it is the frameset (the one holding your frames
    together).

You need to include the following between the HEAD tags of the doent
    after the TITLE container:

<script language="javascript">
    <!--
    top.doent.title = doent.title;
    //-->
    </script>

Note that it doesn't work with all browsers.

HTH,
    --
    Thierry
    [url]http://www.MadCoWWWebDesign.com/go/quizz.htm[/url] | Frames Quiz
    The link below is for IE5+/Win32/1024+ users *only*.
    [url]http://www.MadCoWWWebDesign.com/go/?2[/url] | Frames Tutorial

"wizard341" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    news:bfrlh8$iq5$1forums.macromedia.com...
    > Currently im having trouble getting a title to display (the one all the
    way up on your screen) using a frame. Ive entered the title name on the
    page of course, and in Dreamweaver it even shows the title correctly, yet
    when i look at the page with my webbrowser, it still says " untitled
    doent".
    >
    > My page looks like this, a side frame that acts as a menu, and then a main
    page where the content is displayed. However, instead of calling just the
    content, some instances require me to call a new frame with the content.
    >
    > For example,say i have two content pages named bobs page1 and bobs page 2,
    and it has two nav menus stored as frames, bob menu 1 and bob menu 2. Then
    i have two Frame pages, which link bobs page1 and bob menu 1, as well as
    bobs page 2 and bob menu 2. Normally i would simply call bob page 2 or bob
    page 1 to switch pages, but when i try to call the frame page that links
    them (namly something like FrameBob1) it messes up with that title.
    >
    > Am i making any sense? Please tell me if you dont understand. But
    hopefully someone can sort out my issues.
    >
    >

Thierry Koblentz Guest

> Currently im having trouble getting a title to display (the one all the
    way up on your screen) using a frame.

Yet another reason not to use frames. ;o)

The framest has the title that is displayed. Not the pages that get loaded
    into the framest. You could probably whip up something with javascript, but
    the easy answer is to just stop using frames.

-Darrel

darrel Guest

Hey works great! Thanks a lot.

wizard341 webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest