Professional Web Applications Themes

tn_19166 - Macromedia Flash Player

I need help installing the Flash Player. I may have (?) uninstalled Java, hoping to get more speed from my computer, not realizing that I needed it. Now Java is installed again, and the Java website checked and made sure it was the right one. Now when I try to install the Flash Player, it gave me a website to go to www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166, well, I learned that this leads me to a "technical note" aka "tn" of 19166, I go there, follow the instructions for item 3, and had to change item 7..."Ensure that the Run ActiveX Controls And Plug-ins ...

  1. #1

    Default tn_19166

    I need help installing the Flash Player.

    I may have (?) uninstalled Java, hoping to get more speed from my computer,
    not realizing that I needed it. Now Java is installed again, and the Java
    website checked and made sure it was the right one.

    Now when I try to install the Flash Player, it gave me a website to go to
    www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166, well, I learned that this leads me to a "technical
    note" aka "tn" of 19166, I go there, follow the instructions for item 3, and
    had to change item 7..."Ensure that the Run ActiveX Controls And Plug-ins
    option is set to Prompt". So I did that. I even restarted my computer to make
    sure.

    Go to install the Flash Player again, and it let me do the whole process, and
    then gave me the same technical note of 19166.

    Try again, and then after checking the accept terms and agreement, the next
    page says "Internet Explorerhas blocked this sitefrom using an ActiveX control
    in an unsafe manner. As a result, this page may not display correctly." And
    it doesn't. It doesn't allow me to get the popup that says "install".

    Then I went to the bottom of section 3 where it says "Download and unzip
    Install_Flash_Player_9_ActiveX.zip." and I click "download", and then I click
    "open" then double-click "install" and then "run" and then the same message
    about tn_19166 came up again. Then Adobe said that they cannot help me any
    further.

    You may think that it is because of a firewall, and my Norton has cancelled my
    subscription (computer glitch that I am trying to now resolve as well, they
    asked me to update or upgrade, and I did, and now my remainder of my
    subscription is gone!), but I do have Comcast (ISP), but not finding their
    firewall, which I thought was included (but this I suspect may be a small piece
    of the puzzle).

    I called Adobe and they cannot help me beyond the point of showing me the
    technical note. Can you please help me?! I know it sounds like I have a big
    mess, and Norton I will fix separately.

    I do not know what to do at this point and need help!

    Thanks!

    Need Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: tn_19166

    Please open a case with Adobe Support.

    It?s recommended that you restart your machine after uninstalling software.

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support.

    Darren Guest

  3. #3

    Please ignore my comment about restarting your machine... I'm typing to
    quickly.

    My guess is that this issue has nothing to do with a firewall:

    Warning: The following solution involves the Windows System Registry. Editing
    or manipulating the registry incorrectly can result in serious system damage
    which may require re-installation of the operating system. If you are not
    comfortable editing the registry, then take your system to a professional. If
    you choose to proceed, then it is essential that you create a complete system
    backup and a Windows System Restore Point before proceeding. Adobe Systems
    cannot be held responsible for damage resulting from this information.

    You can download the Microsoft tool, SubInACL and reset.cmd here:

    http://www.supportflash.com/reset.zip

    Download the ?reset.cmd? and the ?subinacl.exe? to the desktop
    Close out all applications
    Run the ?reset.cmd? file
    It will open a DOS like terminal and start running through registry keys
    It may take five to twenty minutes depending on the system
    When it is finished it will say ?press any key to continue?
    At this point you can download the latest Flash Player from here:

    www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    To open a free Flash Player support case start here:

    Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe
    products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you
    require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly,
    please contact Adobe support. http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

    Darren Guest

  4. #4