We are working on a MacOS X like GUI environment (called myPDA) for
the Zaurus (currently available the Z5500) and have now first
"proof-of-concept" demonstrator software available.

The software is an application package (.ipk) for the Zaurus based on
GNUstep/mGStep, X11-zaurus and the mlvwm window manager. You just
install and need a single click and it (should) start.

You can find it for download (binaries and partially sources) at

[url]http://www.dsitri.de/php/projects/project.php?project=myPDA[/url]

What we would greatly appreciate is your comment and support about
bugs, feature requests, voluntary help, opinions, hints, ideas, etc.

So if you are a Mac-addict and own a Zaurus and are interested in this
project, please look at the above mentioned page - try the software,
and vote for the polls provided there to express your interest.

Sincerely,
Nikolaus Schaller