Professional Web Applications Themes

TO run an Application from Batch file - ASP.NET Security

Hi, I want to run the batch file from the asp.net web(intranet)application. The batch files works fine if it has some copy or del command, eventhough i could not see the command window. But if the batch file has some application for e.g., Notepad,it seems to open the notepad as i could see it running in the task manager, but the application hangs. But if i give exit after some time, the application exits but the process for notepad still running in the task manager and does nothing. I could run the same code in the windows vb.net application, it ...

  1. #1

    Default TO run an Application from Batch file

    Hi,
    I want to run the batch file from the asp.net
    web(intranet)application. The batch files works fine if it has some
    copy or del command, eventhough i could not see the command window.
    But if the batch file has some application for e.g., Notepad,it seems
    to open the notepad as i could see it running in the task manager, but
    the application hangs. But if i give exit after some time, the
    application exits but the process for notepad still running in the
    task manager and does nothing.

    I could run the same code in the windows vb.net application, it works
    fine. Do i need to set any additional privileges to the user account
    to run the application in the batch file.

    To be more clear, i am using Integrated authentication for windows and
    impersonation identity= true . Could anyone please share with me your
    ideas if u have done anything similar of this kind...

    Thanks in advance,
    Viki
    viki Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: TO run an Application from Batch file

    [email]freetorn2002yahoo.ca[/email] (viki) wrote in message news:<deb17ac9.0410240834.156f4db9posting.google. com>...
    Nobody is there to help me....
    Viki
    viki Guest

  3. #3

    On 24 Oct 2004 09:34:36 -0700, [email]freetorn2002yahoo.ca[/email] (viki) wrote:

[...]

    You don't typically run a program with a user interface from an ASP or ASP.NET server side
    application. The application runs on the server and you cannot interact with it from the browser
    side client.

    You may want to check out the following thread:

    [url]http://makeashorterlink.com/?J15E23E99[/url]

    Paul ~~~ [email]pclementameritech.net[/email]
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    Paul Clement Guest

  4. #4

    Hi All,
    Now i was able to run an application on the server from the batch file
    , but i want to run the application in the client not on the server.
    Does any body has undergone such thing, if so could u please help me
    with the code..

    Thanks,
    Viki
    viki Guest

  5. #5

    On 27 Oct 2004 04:55:51 -0700, [email]freetorn2002yahoo.ca[/email] (viki) wrote:

    Hi All,
    Now i was able to run an application on the server from the batch file
    , but i want to run the application in the client not on the server.
    Does any body has undergone such thing, if so could u please help me
    with the code..

    See the following:

    INFO: Executing Files by Hyperlink and the File Download Dialog Box
    [url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q232/0/77.ASP&NoWebContent=1[/url]