Professional Web Applications Themes

To whoever is running this newsgroup - Photography

I accidentally posted a newspaper column with an attachment to the group. If you could delete this message I would appreciate it. I'm hoping it won't show just because of the attachment. Thanks, and sorry. Just a dumb mistake. Sheldon net...

  1. #1

    Default To whoever is running this newsgroup

    I accidentally posted a newspaper column with an attachment to the group.
    If you could delete this message I would appreciate it. I'm hoping it won't
    show just because of the attachment.

    Thanks, and sorry. Just a dumb mistake.

    Sheldon
    net

    Sheldon Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: To whoever is running this newsgroup

    No one "runs" this newsgroup..

    --

    Stacey
    Stacey Guest

  3. #3

    Sheldon wrote:

    You run this newsgroup. At least as far as your own posts are concerned.

    When you accidently post something meant for somewhere else, __you__ can kill
    it. Just point at it in your newsreader and hit delete or right click and
    delete (or "cancel" it).

    Your news server should honor the cancel as coming from you. (It might not).
    The header, in the meantine, is propagating at great speed through the internet
    and will show everywhere.

    Cheers,
    Alan.

    Alan Guest

  4. #4

    In article <com>, Sheldon
    <net> wrote:

    It "showed".

    Does not work that way. Only you can send out a cancel, there should be
    a cancel option in your newsreader, but since most systems don't honor
    them anymore so it probably would do little good.

    Since it was a boo boo, and you said sorry, I think most will accept
    that.

    --
    Charles
    Charles Guest

  5. #5

    "Sheldon" <net> wrote in message

    Nobody runs this newsgroup.

    Ryan Guest

  6. #6

    "Charles" <com> wrote in message

    > It "showed".
    >
    > Does not work that way. Only you can send out a cancel, there should be
    > a cancel option in your newsreader, but since most systems don't honor
    > them anymore so it probably would do little good.
    >
    > Since it was a boo boo, and you said sorry, I think most will accept
    > that.
    >
    > --
    > Charles[/ref]

    Sheldon Guest

  7. #7

    Well, for whatever reason it has not shown up on my ISP's server. I'll
    assume it's because of the attachment. Did it show up anywhere else?

    Sheldon

    "Sheldon" <net> wrote in message

    Sheldon Guest

  8. #8

    In article <com>, net
    says...

    Oops, it is already up. Since this NG has no moderator, you will only be able
    to either contact your ISP/news server admin and request a cancel, or try the
    NG, control.cancel. Otherwise, it will just appear and all (most, at least)
    will accept your apology for having posted it. It happens to most of us, at
    some time, or the other. There are so many "dumb mistakes" waiting to catch us
    all. No biggie, at least not from me.

    Hunt

    Hunt Guest

  9. #9

    In article <com>, net
    says... [/ref]

    Yes, NewsGuy and NewScene, almost immediately. BUT, as stated by me, and
    others, it just happens. Other than removing it via control.cancel, or an e-
    mail to your news server admin, it should not be a big deal. You tried, you
    apologized, and THAT is what is important. Someone may flame you for it, but
    don't worry about that. That/those person(s) would probably flame anyone for
    anything.

    Hunt

    Hunt Guest

  10. #10

    Sheldon wrote:

    yep.

    Alan Guest

  11. #11

    I already got one incredible flame, with a cc to the ISP to have me banned
    from newsgroups. I guess some people have nothing better to do with their
    time. I have a feeling this guy trolls groups looking for errors.

    From the flame you'd think I just ran over his kid in my car and drove off.

    "Hunt" <com> wrote in message

    > Oops, it is already up. Since this NG has no moderator, you will only be
    > able
    > to either contact your ISP/news server admin and request a cancel, or try
    > the
    > NG, control.cancel. Otherwise, it will just appear and all (most, at
    > least)
    > will accept your apology for having posted it. It happens to most of us,
    > at
    > some time, or the other. There are so many "dumb mistakes" waiting to
    > catch us
    > all. No biggie, at least not from me.
    >
    > Hunt
    >[/ref]

    Sheldon Guest

  12. #12

    Sheldon wrote:

    Don't sweat the small stuff.

    Alan Guest

  13. #13

    In article <ct5kbl$n0i$gazeta.pl>, ca
    says...

    >Don't sweat the small stuff.[/ref]

    Yes, as Zelda says, "Don't sweat the petty things, or pet the sweaty things...
    !"

    Sheldon, if this, or similar, has not yet happened to all of us, it is only a
    matter of time, before it does. Your apology speaks volumes on your character.

    Hunt

    Hunt Guest

  14. #14

    Hunt wrote:

    >> Don't sweat the small stuff.[/ref]
    >
    > Yes, as Zelda says, "Don't sweat the petty things, or pet the sweaty
    > things... !"
    >
    > Sheldon, if this, or similar, has not yet happened to all of us, it
    > is only a matter of time, before it does. Your apology speaks volumes
    > on your character.[/ref]

    If this is the same Sheldon that used to haunt the Sony-interest MIE web
    forum, I can vouch that 'good character' is his middle name.

    Evem if not the same fellow, 'our' Sheldon does indeed sound like a good
    egg. Welcome aboard!

    Bob ^,,^

    Bob Guest

  15. #15

    "Bob Harrington" <net> wrote in message

    >> Yes, as Zelda says, "Don't sweat the petty things, or pet the sweaty
    >> things... !"
    >>
    >> Sheldon, if this, or similar, has not yet happened to all of us, it
    >> is only a matter of time, before it does. Your apology speaks volumes
    >> on your character.[/ref]
    >
    > If this is the same Sheldon that used to haunt the Sony-interest MIE web
    > forum, I can vouch that 'good character' is his middle name.
    >
    > Evem if not the same fellow, 'our' Sheldon does indeed sound like a good
    > egg. Welcome aboard!
    >
    > Bob ^,,^[/ref]

    Thanks guys. Back at ya. ;-)

    Sheldon

    Sheldon Guest

  16. #16

    Alan Browne wrote:

    > Don't sweat the small stuff.[/ref]

    Just because children are 'small stuff' doesn't give you immunity from
    prosecution. The lawyers have wrecked it for everyone.

    <g>

    mike
    m Guest

  17. #17

    "m II" <The.Hat> wrote in message

    > > Don't sweat the small stuff.[/ref]
    >

    > Just because children are 'small stuff' doesn't give you immunity from
    > prosecution. The lawyers have wrecked it for everyone.
    >

    > <g>
    >
    > mike[/ref]

    M Guest

  18. #18

    m II wrote:

    >> Don't sweat the small stuff.[/ref]
    >

    > Just because children are 'small stuff' doesn't give you immunity from
    > prosecution. The lawyers have wrecked it for everyone.[/ref]

    <oy!>

    Alan Guest