Professional Web Applications Themes

Total Freeze-out w FlashPlayer v 7 and 9 - Macromedia Flash Player

I am experiencing both a browser and sytem freeze when my browser attempts flash content, requiring me to reboot my computer and set my browser to reject all ActiveX controls. Control-Alt-Del does not respond. I have IE6 and Firefox, have experienced the same problem in both. I have tried v 7 and 9 after uninstalling the previous version with the special uninstaller. Version 7 sometimes will sometimes play flash content but will eventually freeze my system with additional web browsing. Ver 9 freezes sooner and only very rarely displays flash content before it freezes too. I do run a Celeron ...

  1. #1

    Default Total Freeze-out w FlashPlayer v 7 and 9

    I am experiencing both a browser and sytem freeze when my browser attempts
    flash content, requiring me to reboot my computer and set my browser to reject
    all ActiveX controls. Control-Alt-Del does not respond.

    I have IE6 and Firefox, have experienced the same problem in both. I have
    tried v 7 and 9 after uninstalling the previous version with the special
    uninstaller.

    Version 7 sometimes will sometimes play flash content but will eventually
    freeze my system with additional web browsing. Ver 9 freezes sooner and only
    very rarely displays flash content before it freezes too.

    I do run a Celeron 733 and a Windows ME operating system.

    Why would Flash freeze my entire system and not just the browser? Even
    control- alt- del doesn't respond!!!!

    My next step is to try versions earlier than 7.

    What is the chance this is a Celeron incompatabilty?

    It appears that the freezing problems plague this program, yet additional
    versions are marched-out on a regular basis.

    It is a shame that such a ubiquitous program does not have better
    compatability quality control.Text

    twarted Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Total Freeze-out w FlashPlayer v 7 and 9

    I have tried ver 5 and 6, but still have the problem.

    Trying different things, I tried re-installing v 9. Now, a new interesting
    problem has arisen, which is that the uninstall program as found on the Adobe
    webpage does not uninstall v9.

    That's right. It won't leave. Even running the unistaller with a reboot. It is
    still there.

    twarted Guest

  3. #3

    :confused; Same thing - Using Win XP Internet Explorer 7 - Can not get Flash
    to operate. Usually get message to install Flash. Latest version installed as
    well active X. Everything works just fine in Netscape.

    Any clues out there - would be much appreciated

    visoft Guest

  4. #4

    What is particularly strange about my problem is that sometimes flash content
    will play. It is just that probably 90 percent of the time it does not.

    That makes me think that perhaps there is some sort of memory allocation
    problem, or a bug related to the sequence and number of web pages browsed.

    twarted Guest

  5. #5

    Another behavior I have noticed is that that faster the webpage loads, for example when I have a good DSL connection speed, the much more likely the flash crash.
    twarted Guest

  6. #6

    I have tried ver 5 and 6, but still have the problem too

    Frankferd Guest

  7. #7

    About all the info I can add is that the system freeze lockout happens less
    frequently with firefox.

    I'll use Firefox to check out the weather radar maps for one time. Then, I
    will switch to IE for other browsing with all ActiveX activities disabled via
    the Security tab.

    twarted Guest

  8. #8

    I had the problem before, but I ignore it and change browser to FireFox, then ok. No idea why
    Aglossal Guest

  9. #9

    There is also a possibility that in the ActionScript of the Flash, there is
    infinite loop. Hence the Flash makes your system doing things simultaneously.
    Does other computer have problem opening this Flash?

    [hr]
    Things you should know about your Auto Insurance
    http://www.autoinsurancecars.com

    Njonhh Guest

  10. #10

    bump