Professional Web Applications Themes

TouchUp Object Tool Misbehaving? - Adobe Acrobat Windows

I've been using the TouchUp object tool in Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0 for months to remove unwanted in my PDFs. My PDFs are generated using a 3rd party CAD tool from postscript files containing only line art. I used to be able to select individual lines or groups of lines easily. But yesterday something changed. I can "Select All" but I cannot select individual or groups of lines (by drawing a selection box) anymore. Even more strange is that I can select a grouping of lines if I ensure that the lowest-left corner of my doent is included in the ...

  1. #1

    Default TouchUp Object Tool Misbehaving?

    I've been using the TouchUp object tool in Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0 for months to remove unwanted in my PDFs. My PDFs are generated using a 3rd party CAD tool from postscript files containing only line art.

    I used to be able to select individual lines or groups of lines easily. But yesterday something changed. I can "Select All" but I cannot select individual or groups of lines (by drawing a selection box) anymore. Even more strange is that I can select a grouping of lines if I ensure that the lowest-left corner of my doent is included in the selection box. This occurs for all my PDFs.

    I've uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat, rebooted, etc. but nothing has helped. Has anyone had this problem?

    Thanks in advance!
    JasonM2@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: TouchUp Object Tool Misbehaving?

    It sounds as though the CAD tool printed to PDF as a bitmap and not a vector graphic. If that is the case, you can not delete a single line.
    William_A._Davis@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    The PDFs contain only vectors. I can select individual lines if I ensure the lower left corner is part of the selection box, probably something to do with the page origin. I can save the PDF as EPS and import it into Microsoft Word and individually delete, move, or resize the lines (but that doesn't solve my problem - it only proves that my PDF contains vector graphics).

    I started having this problem after I had selected a large number of lines and deleted them. Starting from that point on I could not longer select anything (except 'Select All' or having the page origin as part of the selection). This occurs with all PDFs now, even after re-installing the program.
    JasonM2@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    What happens if you use the Content navigation tab (view > Navigation Tabs > Content) to delete your unwanted objects instead of the TouchUp Object tool?

    Nathan
    Nathan_Strong@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    There is the outside chance that there is another object in from of the lines you are trying to delete. If that is the case, you want to try to move the object selected to the back so you can get to the lines (if you can figure out how! I thought I used to be able to do such a move, but can't find it anymore.).
    William_A._Davis@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Hi Jason,

    Did you resolved this issue? I'm experiencing same problem.

    Thank you,
    Lana
    Lana is offline Junior Member
    Oct 2012