Professional Web Applications Themes

Tow questions - Linux Setup, Configuration & Administration

Please if Somebody could tell me how to unpack 'rpm' files from Linux Red Hat 7.1 CD? Is there any dos utility. Could somebody tell me the main server of this news group 'comp.os.linux.setup' I receive it from 'news.sezampro.yu'? I would like to see full the list of 'comp.' news groups. Thanks!...

  1. #1

    Default Tow questions

    Please if Somebody could tell me how to unpack 'rpm' files from Linux
    Red Hat 7.1 CD? Is there any dos utility.

    Could somebody tell me the main server of this news group
    'comp.os.linux.setup' I receive it from 'news.sezampro.yu'? I would like to
    see full the list of 'comp.' news groups.

    Thanks!

    Me Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tow questions

    On Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:53:33 +0100, Me wrote:

    It is going to depend on what news groups are carried by the news
    server you are using. My ISP news server only carries 36,929 out of
    more than 100,000 possible news groups.

    Mine ISP news server has 1,387 comp.* groups.
    Bit Guest

  3. #3

    Subject: Tow questions

    We need to know the tongue weight limit of your hitch as well as the gross
    trailer weight. Remember, over a certain gross weight requires electronic
    brakes.

    --
    - Mark ->

  4. #4

    I suspect that my question was not concretly. I em sorry. By the way
    could you tell me something my first question.

    "Mark A. Odell" <com> wrote in message

    Me Guest

  5. #5

    Thank You! I suspect that it goes so but I think that each news group like
    Yours has its physical server location. I just ask it for exact list as I
    said.

    "Bit Twister" <localdomain> wrote in message
    news:home... [/ref]

    > It is going to depend on what news groups are carried by the news
    > server you are using. My ISP news server only carries 36,929 out of
    > more than 100,000 possible news groups.
    >
    > Mine ISP news server has 1,387 comp.* groups.[/ref]

    Me Guest

  6. #6

    Me wrote:

    No, the News is a fully distributed system without any "main servers".

    --
    Markku Kolkka
    fi

  7. #7

    Me wrote:

    He was making a joke about your misspelling of "two". Some people do not
    seem to appreciate that on international groups many users do not speak
    English as a first language and will make mistakes. Ignore it.

    Your first question was regarding unpacking RPM files in DOS/Windows. I
    don't think it is possible. An RPM file is designed for installing onto
    a system which supports the RPM package manager such as Red Hat or SuSE.
    Even if you could unpack one in DOS I can't see what use it would be.
    What are you trying to achieve?

    Regards, Ian

    Ian Guest

  8. #8

    I am trying to extract some doentation in HTML format to read it
    under Windows 98 because I have used it for a long time and before I install
    Linux I wanted to study it a little but it doesn not matter any more. I Will
    find something at the Internet if it does not go another. Concerning English
    spelling I sometimes make mistakes on my keyboard.

    Thank You Ian.

    "Ian Northeast" <demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:demon.co.uk... [/ref]
    way

    > He was making a joke about your misspelling of "two". Some people do not
    > seem to appreciate that on international groups many users do not speak
    > English as a first language and will make mistakes. Ignore it.
    >
    > Your first question was regarding unpacking RPM files in DOS/Windows. I
    > don't think it is possible. An RPM file is designed for installing onto
    > a system which supports the RPM package manager such as Red Hat or SuSE.
    > Even if you could unpack one in DOS I can't see what use it would be.
    > What are you trying to achieve?
    >
    > Regards, Ian
    >[/ref]

    Me Guest

  9. #9

    That is all for now. Thanks to All.

    Me Guest

  10. #10

    Oh yes I know that now. Thank You.

    "Markku Kolkka" <fi> wrote in message

    > No, the News is a fully distributed system without any "main servers".
    >
    > --
    > Markku Kolkka
    > fi[/ref]

    Me Guest

  11. #11

    > He was making a joke about your misspelling of "two". Some people do not
    > seem to appreciate that on international groups many users do not speak
    > English as a first language and will make mistakes.[/ref]

    I do appreciate this fact. Jeez, lighten up.

    --
    - Mark ->

  12. #12

    Me wrote:

    AFAIK, there is no DOS utility to unpack RPM files.

    Sorry, but there is no one "main" server for /any/ newsgroup. Usenet is a
    collection of independant servers that implement a peer-to-peer protocol
    called NNTP. News groups live on /each/ server, and news articles are
    ted (in p2p fashion) between servers.

    --
    Lew Pitcher

    Master Codewright and JOAT-in-training