Professional Web Applications Themes

Transfer MAC to Windows - Adobe Photoshop Elements

I took some photos, downloaded to my MAC, then deleted. Now my wife wants some prints, but the printer is still on the Windows unit. I was able to email one image from MAC to Windows and print it out, but can not do the second. Any suggestions for sucessful transfer image files MAC to Windows? I would rather do that than try to set the printer up to the MAC. The printer and Windows unit are my wife's and would rather not mess with them-they are functioning as she wants. Thanks Carl...

  1. #1

    Default Transfer MAC to Windows

    I took some photos, downloaded to my MAC, then deleted. Now my wife wants some prints, but the printer is still on the Windows unit. I was able to email one image from MAC to Windows and print it out, but can not do the second. Any suggestions for sucessful transfer image files MAC to Windows? I would rather do that than try to set the printer up to the MAC. The printer and Windows unit are my wife's and would rather not mess with them-they are functioning as she wants.

    Thanks

    Carl
    carl sutherland Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Transfer MAC to Windows

    Hi, Carl. Well, you could just network your mac to her printer. You are running the latest version of X, right? Then try opening print center while connected to her machine or printer. If you are lucky, the printer will just show up in print center. If it doesn't you can still do that, but it's more complicated.

    Are you wanting to know how to transfer large files or just why only one of two files that you were able to transfer got there okay? If you want networking info, it's probably better to either ask over at apple or email me offlist. Depending on what you've got it can be complicated. (bbfloridaharp.com)
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Barbara,

    I don't think I am interested in getting into networking if that is connecting both maachines directly. I will have my own printer shortly for my photos.

    Specifically, I am curious why one file went over sucessfully and one did not. In general, I am interested in the occasional transfer of a file by email or .MAC and what makes that transfer go smoothly and what hampers it. I am interested in the occasional transfer of images with other members of my family-particularly images of my new Grandson?

    Many thanks as always,

    Carl
    carl sutherland Guest

  4. #4

    Carl,

    Is it possible for you to use your camera as an image transfer device?

    I know that when I connect my Sony cameras to my PC, they appear as a drive which I can both read and write to.

    If you were able to move the image back into the camera from your MAC, you could then connect it to your PC and download there.

    Byron
    Byron Gale Guest

  5. #5

    Carl,

    If you deleted the files, then they can't be transferred. Or am I
    misunderstanding this:

    "carl sutherland" <csut2cox.net> wrote in message
    | I took some photos, downloaded to my MAC, then deleted. Now my wife wants
    some prints, but the printer is still on the Windows unit. I was able to
    email one image from MAC to Windows and print it out, but can not do the
    second. Any suggestions for sucessful transfer image files MAC to Windows? I
    would rather do that than try to set the printer up to the MAC. The printer
    and Windows unit are my wife's and would rather not mess with them-they are
    functioning as she wants.

    When you transfer an image through email, problems can be introduced as the
    mail goes through email servers.

    To be thorough, one would have to know:

    - your email program
    - your internet provider
    - camera
    - software you use for image catalog
    - items from above that pertain to the Windows computer.

    Ed

    Ed Wurster Guest

  6. #6

    Hi, Carl. I don't have the latest iphoto, but my guess is you dragged the thumbnails rather than the actual photos.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  7. #7

    As a follow-up, I was playing around yesterday with another project with my CF card, card reader, Windows unit, and PSA, and Glory Be, there were those images. So, I used PSA to import them and printed out the one my wife wants. Apparently iPhoto and PSA can talk.

    Thanks everybody

    Carl
    carl sutherland Guest